or Connect

Posts by Anka

if it's silly things, why not let her have her way?
Long hair can acctually be LESS maintanence then short. I mean, with a short hair you generally need a syling product to make it look nice. Teach her to put her hair up. Braids or buns are perfect. Not only will they keep her hair from tangling, but they can be slept on fairly comfortably, and keeps the hair protected. Use a wide tooth seamless comb instead of a brush, and start from the bottom and work your way up when combing. That way, the comb won't get caught in...
You know, respect is a two way street. And it would seem to me that they are not respecting you, nor trusting you. I would ask them if they think that the 22 years of parenting they have invested in you have been for naught, and if that is why they are worried. And then also proceed to tell them that if 22 years of parenting hasn't helped, another 22 years probably won't do much good either. And then I'd go. I really resent the idea that just because you are on a...
It will grow back, and faster then you can imagine right now. Next time you decide to cut it, remember that wet hair is stretched out, and will bounce back when dry. Part of why I cut my hair dry
Sorry, been busy for a bit.... he's doing 1 or 0 naps. Though he really can't get through one day on no naps, which is evident if he ever is put in the car seat, the sling, or the stroller. He just can't stay awake in the afternoon if he can't run.
It's nice to know I'm not alone. And thinking a bit on it it might be related to things not being the same when waking up as when falling asleep, in combination with still being a bit tired (he almost never is as angry when he wakes up in the morning, only when waking up/being woken early from his nap)
Sometimes my dear little alien wakes up totally PO'ed after naps. Which is, in a general way, ok, I get grouchy when I wake up too. However, he's totally unreachable. He won't be touched, doesn't want to be talked to, doesn't want to be alone, doesn't want company... No matter what I try nothing seems to bring him into a state where I can reach him, and every suggestion or question is just answered by "NO!". This can go on for upwards half an hour, and I just feel so...
I think something she feels she's lacking is being seen. For herself, not for being the niece who's mom's an alcoholic, or the girl that won't eat. She's probably also lacking a personal alnguage. Noone ever asked her how she felt so she doesn't know how to verbally explain how she feels. This is highly abstract, and I wish i could give something more practical. I would recomend a book, "Your competent child" by the danish psychologist and family councelor Jesper Juul. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Janice in Canada Similarly, education taxes. Everyone pays. The children benefit directly, society indirectly. However, I think this could/should be modified to accomodate those that choose private education or homeschool. Then the child could receive the sum of money to direct to the private school, or to put towards their homeschool needs (books, trips, materials, etc). This system is used in sweden, in...
Quote: Originally Posted by FEDUP Ummm is he cool enough? If not, get a fan. Ds could NOT sleep without one. Current economy wouldn't allow getting a third ceiling fan (not that I wouldn't want one) I do give him a bath or shower before bed so he cools down a bit. However, I'm not sure he'd be able to sleep with one, since he's pretty facinated by things that spin