or Connect

Posts by Anka

Have you tried turning the handle so that it sits vertically on the inside instead of horizontally?
I think you need to get your DH to understand the hypocrisy of what he's doing. I know at 15 I felt I was old enough to do as I please, and so were most of my friends... so I wouldn't be suprised if that is what your daughter is thinking too. There is also the teen belief of immortality. You know, it never happens to me. Hence why all the information in the world will not help. because SHE of course won't ever get sick from smoking. I mean... her daddy hasn't. So yeah,...
I'd suggest Pippi Longstocking, or anything by Astrid Lindgren really
Do you really have to entertain your 10-13 yo? Surely they have friends they rather spend their days with? I know when I was that age, my summers (at least the part spent home) were filled with such activities as playing games, biking, swimming etc. Most the time without having any parents directly supervising us. They knew where we were, and trusted us to keep safe.
Being paranoid will only make your daughter paranoid. Would you want her to grow up believing all men are out to hurt her? Most men aren't pedophiles. And I believe that most pedophiles were abused as children, and thus, as much a victim as their own victims. I think the best way you can protect your daughter is by talking to her. Make sure that she feels that if anyone ever touches her, or treats her, in an inappropriate way, she can come to you and you will believe...
I would say that her innocence regarding how the information she gives could be taken sexually can very well be perfectly true. When you use a language that isn't your native language nuances sometims are lost, as are double meanings. To her, stating that her tongue is flexible might not mean more then presenting any other useless fact about her. Like, "My right foot is a half-size bigger then my left. Or "I can wriggle my ears independantly." It does sounds like she might...
Because of physics. In a collision, inertia will have any body to keep moving in the direction it was moving in, relativly. A person that is forward facing will have their head (or in the case of lap belt, head and torso) swing forward until something brings it to a stop. Children's spines are very elastic, much more so then the spinal cord. Thusly, the task of stopping the forward motion of the head, comes to land on the spinal cord, which can be unduly stretched or even...
pureed blueberries are also great to battle diareah
Do you have anyone that you would trust to be capable of taking care of your child over night, to give you one nights good sleep? That is what I do when I feel like I'm totally loosing it from lack of sleep. Off alien goes to visit his grandparents over night. Or if that not possible, would it be possible for DP to take one night being fully in charge of getting her to sleep, while you sleep in another room/with earplugs? Because you need to get at least one night's...
Quote: Originally Posted by swebster ok, I'm nitpicking....but this was the first thing I thought of when I read human http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/scarlett.html feh. I did spend time thinking if I would need to elaborate or if people would understand that the meaning was " realising, and accepting, that even mothers are only humans, not superbeings that never ever makes any misstake." Though that was one dedicated mother cat.