or Connect

Posts by Anka

I would hesitate to guess that similar parenting techniques were at the time wide spread all over the world. And in some they have lingered longer then in others.
I'm also a bit wondering how to go about this. DS is 19 months. He'll generally show signs that he need to go pee, and if asked, he'll happily go into the bathroom and sit down on the potty. However, nothing happens. He sits for a while, gets up, sits down again if I ask him, and then eventually looses interest. At about that time, there will either be a puddle on the floor, or need of a new nappy.
The point of a test is not to see if you can learn it... it is to see if you have done what you were assigned to do. Which was to previously read through and get familiar enough with the material to be able to take the test. On the other hand, I don't for one thing see what hair has to do with it all. The logical solution to the problem would be to have the kid in the future do his homework with his parents, and if necessary, that they check with school if he has...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglyn So dd and ds2 are very close in age and we have dolls, stuffed animals, footballs, toy tools, dinosaurs, cars, a toy kitchen etc and its all just thrown togather, no sepearate rooms or even seperate toy boxes. But Ive noticed, I can be in the other room and they'll come out of the family room, dd carrying two stuffed bears and ds2 with a dinosaur. And whereas dd copied me and made things like the dinosaurs kiss each...
To me, half of the fun is opening the presents. So here, everything comes wrapped.
People tend to act differently with kids depending on their (percieved) gender. As time goes by, this will generally become internalised by the child and they will act accordingly. I believe that the difference between boys and girls are pretty small, compared to the difference between individuals. Most of the percieved difference is societal.
as long as I'm willing to go out, I think my little alien can go out too and play. My limit however is somewhere around 10F. I never much liked winter
Have you tried changing him when he's standing? My little alien is but a month older and totally hates lying on his back, so usually I take the nappy of while he's standing, and do most of the wiping/cleaning with him standing too. (though these days he's taking a lot of interest in the nappy bucket, or the folded napies, which lays so neatly and conveniently in his chest height. not to mention the toilet paper and the toilet. luckily, i have a hand mirror hanging down...
There are a few things in our flat I don't want my 16 mo alien to touch. My computer, the stove, the buttons for the dishwasher etc. I try not to use "no" for them but instead use a short ah-ah sound (though sometimes i slip, especially after having done the ah-ah routine 500 times the past few minutes.) Generally, he knows what stuff is off limit. That of course doesn't make it any less tempting sometimes. There is just something about buttons... Other stuff, such as...
I would still argue that if you don't have an airbag at the front passenger seat, or can disable it ( and in that case, tripple check that you have remembered to do that) and have him rearfacing in the front seat. But I am known for not knowing when to quit an argument (And honestly, if I had a car with an airbag for the passenger seat, I'd probably badger a certified mechanic shop to disable it for me, to ensure that the human factor is not at play. then again, I'm not...