or Connect

Posts by Anka

I found this study of other child in cars safety studies. It is lengthy, but section 4.4 takes up result of the swedish study that is the basis for our tradition of rearward facing children until they are at least 3. It also looks into an american study that has compared back and front seat, however, the study admits to the result (forward facing in back seat being safer then rear facing in the front) isn't statistically significant or technically so, since the greater...
Ok, I've spent some time googling. I have found NOTHING that would support that rear facing in the front seat should be less safe then front facing in the back seat. The increased dangers with sitting in the front seat seems to either br related to air bags (which MUST be disabled or removed when having a a rear facing restraint in the front seat) or from hitting the dash board or other part of the vehicle structure, which when rear facing would mostly apply in side...
I'll see if I can find anything on BF in the front seat in english. I know there is research done here in sweden, and that in crash tests done here there are indications that BF in the front seat is acctually slightly safer in a frontal collision then being in the back seat. The greater protection of being in the middle in the back seat only plays in in side collisions, which aren't as common as frontals. However, in Sweden the recomendation is to have the kid BF in...
I can only say this for the original bug... from safety aspect, don't buy it. My brother used to have one. Then, one morning as he was driving his then gf and her best friend to school (they went to a different school then my brother) they collided head on with a drunk driver. The bug was, quite litterally, squashed. My brother survived with a broken legs and arms, and some internal injury. Mostly because he braced himself with his arms against the wheel and his feets...
Quote: Originally Posted by srain Overall, backseats are considered safer. Is rear-facing in the front seat safer than forward-facing in the back? Anyone have any numbers? I plan to turn my hates-the-car-baby around as soon as she reaches the minimums, because I think she'll be less miserable that way, but she might be able to stand rear-facing in the front seat. I can't bring you any numbers, but yes, there is research, at least in sweden,...
Ask yourself this. If you were to have an accident, and your child got severly injurd and recieved permanent damages, or died, due to the forces the spine is put under when ff. Injuries that would have been prevented if the child was bf. Would you forgive yourself? This may be harsh, but it is always something you have to take into consideration. Accidents happen, even if you are as careful as can be. I take it on these trips you go with your DH. Have you tried having...
Quote: Originally Posted by jackson'smama our local police and sheriff's offices keep "noodles" in stock to give to parents when they do seat installations and inspections. check with your local safety seat inspectors to see what they can do for you. also, to get ours secure enough, i sit in the seat on my knees bearing my full weight while dh tightens the strap. then, he sits in it and we tighten the strap together. see if you can get someone to...
My little alien is 16 months old. I have no intention to turn him before age 3, hopefully not before he's 4. then again. I'm swedish. Keeping kids turned back for a long while is the norm here. Or at least it used to be. Seems the general world-wide way of turning the kids early is starting to take root, with the accompanying increase of death and severe injuries.
It may be that he knows that he did something he shouldn't and feels very uncomfortable with the whole situation. Or is sad or hurt by it. I can only look at my own reactions from when I was little and grown ups would tell me to "look at them when they were talking." I'd generally look away because I was hurt, or frigthened, but making me look at them would instantly turn all that in to pure anger.