or Connect

Posts by rosie_plus_one

oh boy it's been a long time since I've done this!  fell off the wagon for a few years, but am squarely back on the wagon as of December.   Debt total started at 31,425.29, not including the house - credit cards and four student loans.  In December I started an emergency fund of $1500 (larger than recomended to cover one month's mortgage should the need arise) and paid off $3,015.14.  I'm hoping to get a few thousand dollars on my tax return this year, which will...
this may not be the correct forum - i wasn't sure where to put it.   i'm looking for a book suggestion or two for how to move past being "roadkill."  i'm trying to get a very toxic person out of my life and establish some firm legal boundaries (he's dad to my two boys) so that i don't have to be a part of the day to day manipulation, etc.
This is my first year, it's actually the first time I've ever heard of the process.  Thanks for all the information, ladies.
Hello! We are looking at a rental house that uses an oil forced air furnace, which I am not familar with at all. Does anyone have an estimation of the cost to heat the house? Any help would be much appreciated!
Quote: Originally Posted by polyhymnia I'm going to guess in western Washington the OP will need a lot less oil than you do out in Ohio. I grew up in NH where oil heat is much more common (it's not that common where I am in western Washington) and we used a lot more heat there than I ever do here. Can you talk to the current owners of the house and see how much oil they go through? Unfortunately the property is rented through an agency, and...
Hello! We live in Western Washington and are looking at moving into a home that has an oil forced air furnance. I've never lived with one before and have no idea what the cost is. Any help would be much appreciated!
Hey everyone - My sister and brother-in-law live in Fairfield, Idaho, and I drew their name for our Christmas gift exchange this year. I would like to get them tickets to some sort of event, and was hoping you ladies might have some suggestions. I know they go down to Boise fairly regularly, and my sister actually works in Ketchum so that would also be an option. I was thinking maybe tickets to a play (or a season pass?) or maybe some kind of catered dinner? I know...
Do you ever struggle with a balance between spending time with your family and significant other, and maximizing your income to do the snowball faster? DP works nights right now, and I work days, which saves us money on childcare and lets him work as a waiter, sometimes making pretty good money. I'm miserable with the situation because I miss him, I absolutely hate being alone so much with the kids, and in two weeks I will begin classes again and it is so hard for me...
I got this book from the library - it's a 30 day frozen meal plan. Has anyone done it before?
Has anyone seen this product? Someone took a checkbook register, and created columns on the right hand side for different budget categories. When you record a transaction (let's say a check for $25 to Safeway for groceries) you not only record that your account is less $25, you also record it as coming out of your "Groceries" category. It keeps a running total of all your budget "envelopes" while leaving all the money in your checking account. I thought it was the...