or Connect

Posts by rosie_plus_one

We pretty much always get a bag of their IQF chicken breasts - it's generally $1.99/lb, but you do have to buy a 10 lb bag. I find them so convenient to make stirfry, fajitas, chicken parmesan, etc.
Honestly, I think it is okay. If she were getting the other 3 month old today, I would be concerned. But when she does get that baby, the oldest one will be almost 2, and hopefully good at playing by him/herself. Your baby will be coming up on a year and will probably be walking/learning how to walk. The youngest will be 6 months and probably starting to crawl. How long are the bus kids there for? That would probably be the decided for me - the overlap of Lily...
I'm a sposie mom.
Re: Financial Aid I applied at the start of January, a single mom with 2 kids, reported about $16,000 in income for the year before, and I only got a few thousand dollars of pell grant money. Even after I took the subsidized and unsubsidized student loans, I had a balance to pay for my tuition. I still need to come up with the money for my books.
I'm not 100% understanding the situation, but I think you should be able to settle with the company and have them report to the credit agency that the account was "paid in full." Just make sure you get that signed, in writing, before you send in the settlement amount. The paid in full status will definitely be better than a past due account on your credit. And, although I respect your position that you will never need credit again, you may outgrow your house, or need...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamapoppins Feeling hopeless, so am subbing and :. Thanks, mp : Do you have his books? It is incredibly empowering to just develop a plan! Whenever I start feeling bummed about our money, I look at our budgets, or write out what I think is going to happen over the next week or two, and it really makes me feel better to at least *know* what's going on. You can also go to his webpage and listen to his daily...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 Tell us all about the class tonight, Rosie. Turns out I got my dates wrong, and last night's class was on "Buying Big, Big Bargains," which though it was interesting, was NOT what I was wanting to hear about!! I'm not buying anything until we get the emergency fund up to a grand and get a few personal loans paid off. Quote: Originally Posted by angela1435 Ok, I have a...
Hmmm. I thought her dad was exceedingly self-centered and never really considered the needs of the children before his own pipe dreams. I somewhat respect his side of the nature vs nurture argument, but not to the extent that he took it. My dad was a very similar character, and I hold a lot of resentment about decision he made with finances when I was little. And the mom... that particular incident you are referring to reeeaaaaally pissed me off. I agree that they...
That's great Denvergirlie! Thanks. I added our two new-comers, and if anyone wants to give me new balances on their emergency fund or amount of debt paid off/left to pay off, I'd love to add it! DP started a great full-time position last Thursday, so a lot of stress has come off my shoulders. He also got some grant money for a treatment program he needs to go through, so it cut the bill by about 75% and I think we can make payments on it. The only thing about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Petersmamma I can recommend "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls. These people were so poor, their "Okie" (I know, not PC, but this is the word used in the book) neighbors were in a class above them. It's a really amazing memoir, and it gives me hope that things can get really bad but still be okay I second that. This book is absolutely incredible. I am so proud of her for writing it. I get so disgusted when I...