or Connect

Posts by rosie_plus_one

I don't know Meesa... I pump 3 times a day because I work full time and it sucks every single time I do it! I also get up about that time, and I have to tell you, it's depressing to sit in a cold, dark house with two plastic things slurping away on your nipples. I'm thinking about cutting back a little when he hits 6 months, but I absolutely hate the idea of *choosing* to supplement instead of exclusively breastfeed. I understand *needing* to supplement with formula......
My favorite thing: When we're out in public and Berkley gets attention from other people, he smiles and giggles at them, then burrows his head into my chest in this kind of bashful manner, then pops back up to get more compliments! It's so cute. I also love how he immediately grabs both feet when he is laid down on his back. He's such a rolly-polly little thing now. I am going to try to do some video of it tonight because it's just precious to watch. Daddy's...
Quote: Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 added the link to our photoblog in my sig! OMG the shot of the baby getting a bath was SO CUTE!! I can't tell which one it was but CUUUUUTE! You totally inspired me to start videotaping our boys together. I keep waiting for DP to do it but darnit, I need some cute movies!
Quote: Originally Posted by dancebaraka Akasha is getting so chunky it amazing!! and she is getting much more independent. She will cry to be let go of and have time alone on a blanket... anyone else have kiddos like this?? I mean she is very cuddly but also wants her space. (heh kinda like her Mama)... Berkley is a lot like that. I'll think he needs to go to sleep and spend AGES trying to put him to sleep, then finally lay him on the...
How are night times going for your little monkeys? I feel like ours have gotten so much worse. I think Berkley prefers to sleep in his bassinette next to the bed, but I usually fall asleep while nursing and then he fidgets and fusses next to me all night long. I remember when he was about 6 weeks old, I would nurse him twice at night, but now it seems like it's 4 or 5 times. I'm wondering if this is just a regular phase that all babies go through. We seem to have...
I'm signed up to start FPU next Tuesday! I'm so excited to do it. Maybe the three of us can keep in touch and see how we're liking the program? I'm a little concerned that I'm not going to be able to get that $1000 emergency fund set up very quickly because we are in SO MUCH trouble financially. It'll be great to have some outside input on getting all this debt paid off quickly.
It's quite likely that you can settle it for less than the original amount. You need to get a signed agreement saying that if you pay $X by a certain date, the debt will be reported as "Paid in Full" on your credit report. Do *not* give them access to your bank account. Once you have a signed letter from them, send them a money order for the amount you have agreed on. You should be able to get any of the interest or late fees taken off the debt, but a lot of these...
Quote: Originally Posted by anarchamama Virtually never : Reading (which we do every day for maybe an hour total) is about the only thing I really do with him. Otherwise he plays with his brother. We go to the park and playdates and stuff. But I'm not really into playing with them. I try to engage them when they show me things and facilitate their play, but otehrwise I am mostly just around and avavilable (read:cleaning) while they do theri own...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDivineMissE I think grandparents continue to hold your baby when she's/he's crying for a couple of reasons. First, they are attempting to give you a break. I know it doesn't feel so much like a break when your kiddo is crying, but that's the intention. Second, they want to feel like they are able to provide comfort to the baby. It's a feeling of accomplishment and an act of love if they can provide for the baby's needs....
My babysitter went through FPU, and her program was lectures (I think on video) and then they divided into small groups and discussed things very specifically. Perhaps he could be in a small group with people outside of the church, or with people who he feels comfortable with? TBH I would have a lot of respect for a pastor who admitted to financial difficulties, unless they were based on things that weren't moral, which I know isn't the situation here.