or Connect

Posts by Stinkerbell

I have no shame in stepping up to say that the only reason my kids get McD's a few times a year is because when *I* am drooling for a Big N Tasty and McD's french fries, nothing will stop the craving but to feed the demon. We maintain very healthy lifestyles at home and life is just too darn short not to enjoy myself a good, greasy cheeseburger on occasion. As for the toy? It's part of the fun. I figure if I want them to see fast food as an "occasional treat"...
Obsessing about a few pounds, when you KNOW you are healthy, is not at all "honoring your body". You are beautiful and your body reflects that. I clearly see a poor self image and perhaps some issues with wanting to control something, since your marriage is not healthy right now? I strongly, strongly encourage you to get some counseling relating to body image issues. If everyone is telling you this, I hope you love yourself enough to listen. Do you want your...
oh. my.
Ive never met a mother who doesn't believe her child is gifted. And maybe he is. But that seems like a LOT of pressure to put on a toddler/preschooler, when you cant even begin to compare that sort of thing between children of similar age. I'd love to hear what happens. If you decide to make a change, please update us about how it worked out!
In my house, I've established "asking vs telling" (idea from a good friend). If I ASK you to do something, we can negotiate the terms. Meaning, even my 5 year old knows if I say, "Can you please turn off the TV and come into the bathroom for a bath?" he can respond with an offer. "When this program is over?" or "How about I take a bath in the morning instead?" whatever. We negotiate and find a happy ground. And I try to do that with anything that is not truly time...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee Maybe he just isn't ready for preschool - it isn't just an issue of how smart a kid is. Or maybe you're right about ADD or Autism or something. To me, it sounds like it could simply be immaturity, and maybe he'd do better in a year, but I don't know much about Autism. In terms of a short term solution, I think this is dead on. It seems he's just not ready for the structure of preschool. And that's okay. It...
SOrry! Been overwhelmed here but appreciate your feedback. Quote: Originally Posted by betsyj No advice but I would definitely separate him from the dog. Am I reading this wrong-he inserted his finger into the dog's privates? Or simply jabbed at her? There is a big difference there and in what I would do. He just jabbed at her...poked her once in that general area while she was lying on her back for a belly rub. I don't know if he even...
My 5 year old son is really into "bathroom humor". Body functions and especially body parts is hysterical to him... "penis" and "butt" come out of his mouth several times a day and almost always inappropriately. Yesterday at the playground he pulled his pants down, showed everyone his bum (laughing his head off) and slide down the slide bare-butt 3 other moms were horrified, I was mortified, and yet this is nothing new. One mom suggested I dont come back to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BabyMae09 Augh. My Mom is sitting with DS right now doing multiplication flashcards. He says he likes it, but I can see his frustration. People are always trying to teach him stuff without asking me!! MIL will ask him questions, and if he doesn't answer 'right' she corrects him... many people in my life do this. I just stopped my Mom and DS, saying 'he's getting frustrated, let's stop for now' and she said 'sometimes a...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1growingsprout Nope. This is part of the reason we HS. However once I get some things together the kids are going to lhave material available about Besty Ross and how the flag has changed over the past 200+ years. My older kids , 8 &6, also know and can identify other countries flags etc. Im supposedly related to Betsey Ross. Fun fact about Stinkerbell. snort. Im glad someone else was thinking about this...