or Connect

Posts by lara1828

Thanks!
ds2's birthday was last week, so my nurslings are 4 & 6. Everyone IRL thinks I'm nuts, so I'm shamelessly hoping for some virtual pats on the back Lara
My first thought was vision. You could take her back to see if anything's changed or if they have some tools for her to keep track of where she is on the page. Some simple things: using a ruler to separate lines or finger to follow along. Colored transparencies over the print to reduce contrast. Better lighting. Slant board. Even discussing the picture and/or concepts before reading the page can help. My 6 yo does tire pretty quickly, but he has some vision...
Thanks so much for all the information! I'm currently in St. Paul where I think the Catholic schools are comparable to private schools for half the price Montessori elementaries around here are $$$ or public (meaning Montessori LITE). Otherwise Montessori would have been my first choice. Ugh, I was so stressed out school shopping last year. I don't really want to do it again I think our budget for a house would be about $350K, tho I'd prefer to spend less. DH...
Hi Folks, My DH is interviewing for a job in Clayton, MO, so we're casually investigating neighborhoods. He's very focused on places he could commute to by Metrolink train. I found some old threads with positive review of UC, Kirkwood and Webster Groves. How about Clayton itself? Anywhere else on the train line? My main concern is schools. Next school year I'll have a 1st grader and a 4 yo (no preschool for us, but programs for preschoolers are good!). I'd...
My in-laws live very close and we are their only family in the area, so I know where you're coming from! As far as the quizzing uncle, there's nothing wrong with saying, "He doesn't really like to be quizzed like that, would you like to read a book to him?" When my kids were that young, I also might have just picked them up and walked away or even put words in their mouths:"Tell uncle, "I'm tired of quizzes, let's read a story!"" That said, one of my kids LIKES to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by kcparker I am so angry at my son right now that I don't want to make eye contact with him, don't want to nurse him, don't want him sitting on my lap or going onto the carpet or furniture in our house. This is a power struggle you can't win, mama. Potty training is a process and not every 2.5 year old is going to get it every time, even if it hasn't turned into a power struggle. Sorry, no links, but I know there is...
I think that is awesome. If I could only keep one pot, it would me my Le Creuset dutch oven. You can cook ANYTHING in there.
Both my kids have done gymnastics as 3 yo and it is WAY more relaxed than what you describe, OP. I can see that there are some goals, but there is no discussion of them really and I've not seen one child threatened with withdrawal for behavior. The instructors just work on it with the child. There are certain expectations for safety reasons (like only one child on the trampoline at a time), but the kids are free to run off to their mom or to get a drink. If I were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pavlovs The Mazda 5 is awesome! It seats 6 - two in the front, two in the middle, two in the back (or you can fold down the back seats for space for groceries or whatnot. It has minivan doors that slide, so getting the kids in and out is a snap. It's basically a mini-minivan. I love my Mazda 5. Bigger than a station wagon, smaller than a mini-van. It drives like a car rather than a van. Just tell your husband...