or Connect

Posts by ladymeag

The thing is? When you, as a board/organization hold someone up as an expert? You do open yourselves up to questions about their qualifications and honesty about said qualifications. No one's asking for a campaign of slander, merely truthful answers to honest questions. Constantly shutting down honest questions about people you hold up as "experts" makes it hard to believe anything that is put forward - when someone asks for citations, they'd told to back off and that...
MoonWillow:  I'm sorry if I wasn't being clear.  I appreciate that you brought attention to this and I appreciate the Peggy O'Mara has responded to this here.  I do think that, as someone else has already suggested, a two-pronged approach is best.  Addressing us here is great but it still doesn't provide visibility to the statement that's apparently needed that this is not acceptable to MDC.  The FaceBook commentary should show that not all members are clear, here, on...
  Alright, since no one else seems to be taking this on, I guess I'll start.   The thing about not posting a site-wide statement of intent and apology for these goings-on is that news of them has reached the wider audience.  By only addressing it in individual threads where people have spoken up, you are silencing the concerns of those affected and not making it clear to the larger audience that this is unacceptable and not in line with MDC's views or stance.  This is...
My toddler was very upset with me a few days ago at Carkeek Park that I wouldn't let him run in the creek (it has big signs that say not to, bacteria and wildlife issues, etc.) One of N's favorite parks in California had a very cold creek that he could run in and out of in sandals. I've tried looking for wading boots in his size - 8 extra-wide - and have basically been told they don't make them.  We've tried on every regular wide wading boot we could find, too. So, my...
Thanks for the beach tips - I'm hoping to introduce my son to a beach soon.  He's only played in creeks with nice, smooth river-rocks in the bottom around here, so we'll see how he likes it!
Awesome - thanks for the help!  The play structures at Seward Park were pretty nice when I was there two years ago for my birthdaughter's birthday, I'm kind of surprised they replaced them!    
Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm a fan of Georgetown, especially Stellar Pizza! :)   It is a south Beacon Hill location - Beacon Hill is one of the more vague neighborhoods in Seattle.  Would you believe that they don't have Taco Del Mar ("Mission Style Burritos") here in the SF Bay area, where "the Mission" is?  So strange!   I have hooked into both the Meetup group and Yahoo groups.  I'm having a bit of trouble with the calendar for the Yahoo group and emails...
Thanks for the recommendations!  A coffee shop with a toddler play area - I've been dreaming of such a thing for months.  They have one in San Francisco, in the city, with a playtime limit and a minimum purchase (plus they charge for use of the toys in addition to use of the playarea and and and).      
News-and-stuff, while I'm pinned under a sleeping, feverish toddler:   We're moving home to Seattle!  I'm sad to be losing kismetbaby and N, though. I need a teleporter asap so we can keep having regular playdates (and mama-time)!  For those familiar with Seattle, we'll be on Beacon Hill.  Now I just need to find the awesome kid-stuff, as I was pregnant when we moved to California.  Anyone here nearby?   Feeling the new-baby itch. I want to wait a bit to get...
Xantho:  Thanks!   ihugtrees:  Awesome - thanks!  I'd love to get in touch and get together.  I've met some of my best parent-friends on Mothering. :)  I can be reached at ladymeag at gmail.  I have been posting on Seattle AP Meetup group.  I co-organize the Bay Area Attached Families meetup down here, so I was glad to see the Seattle meetup.    Keep the suggestions coming, if you guys have them!  :)