or Connect

Posts by ellesmama

Hi Everyone!  I just sent out the addresses to everyone, so check your pm.  We ended up with 12 kids.  Let me know if you didn't get the pm with addresses, otherwise, have fun making and sending valentines!  
Anyone else interested?  I think we are at about 12 kids, which is a great number.  Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone else wants to jump in.  I will take names for the rest of the day today, Sunday, and then I will send out addresses tomorrow, Monday the 30th to everyone who has responded.   I think everyone has sent their address, but if you haven't get your address to me asap through pm.     Thanks everyone!!  
The past two years that we have participated, people have sent store-bought valentines, homemade pictures/drawings, candy, no candy, fruit leathers, stickers, bookmarks, little felt hearts, anything goes!     We did store-bought valentines the first year and very simple homemade valentines plus a sticker the second year.  It's pretty fun to see the range of stuff that comes through the mailbox.   
Okay, it looks like there is enough interest to do the swap, so yay!   Keep on posting your interest here to keep the thread bumped.  But also please go ahead and PM your address to me when you get a chance if you haven't already.     I will send out the list of addresses and names on Sunday or Monday via PM.  We might even end up getting enough for two lists.   Any allergies we need to know about? (like no sending candies with nuts) I will assume not unless...
Okay, let's see if there is enough interest to do a Valentine Swap.  This board definitely doesn't seem to be as active as it used to be, so we will see.  Let's shoot for at least ten kids/families?     Leave a reply if you are interested with how many kids you would want to participate.  If you have more than one kid, you could lump them altogether as the Smith Family or you could do them individually as John and Jane, depending on how much work you are up for!...
Hmmm....guess I missed all that.  Don't know what the great postcard debacle is, but thanks for letting me know.  I guess I will look elsewhere.  Thank you!  
Hi!  Is there a Valentine Exchange list this year?  I couldn't find it.  We have loved participating the last couple years and really hope to do it again.  Thanks!!    
WOW! You guys are great! :Thank you so much for your input and experience!: The resources you all pointed out have been bookmarked and I am reading through it all. This is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for and I doubt I would have stumbled upon all of it myself. Right now, I am liking everything I have researched about Enki (besides the resell policy, but that is besides the point.) I am also looking at Waldorf curricula. I couple of you also...
thanks for describing the tea time idea. It sounds lovely. I definitely like what I know of Charlotte Mason and will probably look a little deeper at. And I thought I knew the general idea of Waldorf. I have been to a talk about it and found it to be very wise as far as the rhythms and gentleness. I had no idea it may incoroporate more of the other ideas I am looking for too. I will definitely have to look deeper at Waldorf as well. I have been researching...
I am gearing up for kindy and originally planned not using any curriculum, but am researching my options and reconsidering if I find something inspiring. I love a lot of the Christian curriculum I see because they incoporate the character building, important stories with a moral (bible stories), good "heros", and provide a lot of opportunities for self-reflection and growth in personal accountability. We are not religious. Any curriculum out there with any/ a lot...