or Connect

Posts by TreeLove

oh, oh, I forgot to add that it takes months to "deprogram" your ds and 2-3 years to finally feel like you might know what you are doing! This is sage advice from MANY older hsing moms with 5-26, yes TWENTY SIX children that I know on another board. We just took the twins out in NOvember and for teh next few years I plan to buy a curric to work with, by the time Addie is in K I think I will be able to just teach her without all the "formal" stuff, but by buying something...
he may do better with some sort of stucture, some do and some don't. I thought I would just let the boys lead the way, but they needed more direction. When I came up with a routine that we followed that seemed to work better for them because they just kinda fell into it each day and I didn't have to "convince" them it was time to learn, etc. But most if what we do comes from play/exploring right now, but they do have to do 1 reading lesson every other day (for my standard)...
well.....lemme chime in here. I have 2 special needs boys and that's why I am hsing. They have PDD and also need PT and OT services. One of the reasons I took them out is because as a child with PDD they don't "get" alot of things. Sometimes the children are cruel to them esp. the one that looks "different"-he's small, uncoordinated, hyper, and aggressive. It's hard for children to feel safe around him. In preschool he attacked and tried to stangle a boy for accidently...
This is kind of a general poll, but what is your ONE MAIN reason for homeschooling/un-schooling/keeping your child at home?