or Connect

Posts by zippitydo-Ma

My 2 little suggestions Seems like I read a tip here recently I thought was really *nifty* [do people still use that word??? ] ~ That was to make the bed in layers, bottom to top: Clean sheet, shower curtain [or other plastic liner], followed by old sheet on the top... That way the during clean up it's real easy to just pull it all off - shower curtain and above and you're left with a clean sheet on the bed. Seems like it would also be good to have a waterproof...
Thanks for the feedback... I really like the Mango Mamma site - I like a lot of those ... I have kind of imagined finding words/phrases to say [to myself] during the contractions that *completely* contradict the idea of pain - like 'Yes, yes, yes...' 'Feels right, feels good...' Etc. How crazy is THAT??!
I did not have them done. The AFP has such a high false positive - AND false negative - I didn't see much use exept in causing needless worry or a false sense of security... [Women feel so relieved when they come back negative - they really should be informed that that carries no more weight than when it comes back positive. OK - well, not enough weight for me.] That's why they can only call it a 'screen...' You get accurate info from an amnio, but we opted to get...
Hello ~ I am 31 weeks PG with #1 and DH & I just switched from our OB to a MW we met and love... And now are planning a homebirth which we're REALLY excited about! What would be really helpful for me at this point is to find some affirmations that I can use in the upcoming weeks preparing myself... I was hoping that some of you would share yours...? I am also very interested in finding alternate words/ideas/concepts for *pain* - which I perceive so *negative* -...
There's just an abundance of that on TV. I try not to watch!! I think that's how they 'train the masses....'
I'm sure this has been posted here before, but I was *just* reading it today [as I tried to convince DH that I didn't need to call and ask my previous OB if she had made any notes as to my pevic size :]: Pevises I Have Known and Loved
It always helps to hear a few success stories!
Which would you or have you chosen? Do you/would you have a preference? Why??
Wow - I didn't think there was any battling going on - I simply felt it necessary to clarify things... I would never tell anyone how to eat - I certainly never said anyone *should* eat one thing or the other! Sorry if you read it that way. I just didn't want any vegetarians to get suddenly alarmed... I personally need some more evidence for *me* to make any dietary changes. As an open forum, I was only trying to challenge a few concepts - I think you have to do...
If you are eating any plants, even organic ones, you are consuming phyto-estrogens...