or Connect

Posts by Photochef

:(  I am so sorry. It takes a long, long time to begin to heal your body, much less your heart. Have you approached a medical professional with your physical concerns?
I am more ok with dirt and dust and occasional dog hair than I am with the exchange of spit or boogers. I know everyone has their own comfort level!! I don't wash the binky every time it drops, unless it is obviously dirty, but I wash them all regularly. I do not let DD put her food in DS's mouth or let them share other food/drink things, and I try not to either. I guess my only reasoning is that if one gets sick, I want to try to prevent anyone else from getting it. If...
Um, are we following the same life track or something? My son, born 4/4/09 has severe reflux, and while was 11lbs 6 oz at birth is only 16 lbs, 3 oz now. My older girl nursed like crazy and still would be if I let her, and gained just fine. DS nursed the same as yours, not for comfort, not if noisy, heck...not much at all. I fought and argued and pushed the ped GI to refer to and follow the info on this website http://www.marci-kids.com/index.html which I found...
For my daughter's birthday at the bottom of the invite, we listed her interests: baby dolls puppies books Shrek playing outside And almost everything that people brought was a real hit for her. She got a doll stroller and clothes, a doll, a stuffed Shrek , a few books, sprinkler toys and bubbles and some littlest pet shop puppies. It was great! And no one had to look up something on a registry or feel like we were telling them what to buy. And people who didn't...
I was so terrified with my most recent baby that I would never go into labor, I cannot tell you. My partner was also adamant that I would not and could not go into labor on my own. We were both traumatised by the birth of our DD 2 years ago. I had slightly miscalculated the due date and I was about a week under-due when we thought she should be born (due date). We tried everything to start labor, including many very unpleasant things, but the only thing that happened was...
mam is the only one that flies over here! and we did buy them all!
I went back to work myself 3 days PP, out of town, with my partner's help, and the effect it had on me was that I was so fatigued that I dropped our son while nursing him because I couldn't stay awake to feed him. On a tile floor. At 1 week old. I looked back at a picture taken of me the week we were out of town, and my lips were blue and my face was gray. I am anemic now due to the blood loss during birth and PP. Also, I lashed out at our equally exhausted daughter the...
WE went to see our dear chiro and he does muscle testing for food sensitivities. Mostly out of curiosity I asked him to test DS, which he did by holding the food in his hand, having a little box by DS's head, and pushing on my arm. He said he had sensitivities to dairy (which I knew but he did not), beef, pork, black pepper, nightshades, and a couple of others. Have any of you found this to be accurate for yourselves or your LO? I am not sure how I feel about the...
I know that kids can outgrow food sensitivity, especially to cow's milk while mom is BF. This is down the road a ways, but how do you check to see if the sensitivity is still there? I figure you have to eat the food and see...but how much? I don't know how allergies/sensitivities work - is one bite enough to test? I will know if the screaming and puking comes back - the green foamy poop too. I don't know if there is difference between one bite and one serving (ie. a...
First off, I want to thank you all for your replies. From all perspectives. My partner talked to a nutritionist who spent 45+ minutes with me talking about hidden dairy and other people she has met with who are encountering the same problem. My son seems to be hyper-sensitive---lucky guy. She said that basically I would have to prepare all of my own food from scratch - that almost all food has additives that are mislabeled as flavorings, seasonings, or one of the many...