or Connect

Posts by Photochef

From my recent experience with a high fever accompanying Hand foot and mouth, DD had a fever that hovered at 104 for days, but the nurse line said not to go in unless she had some other symptoms (this was before the blisters in her mouth) or it went over 104.5 and stayed there in spite of using both tylenol and advil (acetominophen and ibuprofen) in combination. If it was that high while on fever reducers, then it might go too high (105, 106+) and cause brain damage (their...
I am so torn up tonight. My new son is severely sensitive to any dairy. I try to be so very careful, but I ate something on Wed. that had sodium caseinate in it and we are all SO miserable now. He is vomiting and crying and spitting up mucus and clotted milk, not sleeping, coughing a little etc. He went from happy and SO mellow, to a miserable little creature. I can't believe I didin't read the package more carefully - it was a pack of all-natural uncured hot dogs. There...
Just wondering because I am hoping there is one, this is hard! Thanks!
aHHH... the takes-a-village idea is one that I really like. That helps me feel better about accepting it. I DO wish I could do it all, but I just can't. Half the time I can't even get us all dressed by noon!
I feel like I am failing because my partner wants to hire a housekeeper. I am having a hard time working out the kids, the house, the errands, and my job (work from home). I want to do it all but I am not able to. I guess we have the money, but it will be taken from other things. I just don't like the idea that 1. I can't do it all. I think if I just try harder.... 2. someone else will be cleaning my house, my mess, my responsibility. It makes me feel creeped out, and...
DS is on .5ml of baby zantac every 6 hours. I have noticed in the last 3 days since he started it, that he has been waking up to eat much more frequently. He is still puking up about half his meal (I think) 2-3 times a day but the rest of the time most of it is staying down - yay! He just has his moments of spitting up a lot but now it's an hour or so after and seems to be a lot of mucus/clotted milk. Is that signs of another allergy do you think? I don't have much in...
I love my DD, and she LOVES her boobie. I am trying to cut her down as her teeth kill me and it is hard to take her to work with me ( I do home visits) and have to argue with her why she has to wait to nurse. I am also kind of struggling with low supply and I don't like feeling like there's not enough there when DS wants to eat. I am thinking I am proud to have gone 2 years, but I would like to be done and just hold and rock her to provide comfort. But she still seems...
that is a good article. The doc didn't suggest any tests - he hates to put babies and kids thru any unnecessary trauma, but I won't know for sure. Does anyone know how long it takes to start helping?
Oh mama I hope it eases off... This was my emergency list: clothes for everyone: me DP, baby Camera and batteries Phones and chargers toiletries for everyone baby blankets - the ones at the hospital are scratchy snacks and drinks for us cash diapers and wipes paperwork and legal docs (if you are a straight married couple you don't need this) advil, heating pads, pillow (you can leave in car and get later) Hair ties - very important if you have long hair hand sanitizer -...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Were you an idiot and stayed up late mucking around on the internet after your baby fell asleep and now she won't nap so you can nap? Play with her on your lap as you relax in bed. Ooohhh I am SO busted!! How did you know???!! Watching my baby's eyelids flutter closed and feeling all tension leave him until he is so completely trustingly asleep in my arms. ~sigh~