or Connect

Posts by Photochef

Hi all, My almost 8wk old son started off at 11 lbs, 6 oz. Today he is only 12 lbs, 4 oz. Exclusively breastfed. I cannot have anything dairy or he gets green spinach foamy poop, vomits, screams and gets a red diaper rash. So no dairy for a few weeks now (one slip in there...they put cream in the scrambled eggs at a restaurant). The poop probs and rash are gone. Some of the screaming and vomiting is gone. The problem is he still has days that he screams, arches his...
I am having the same problem myself! I was wondering if it was my thyroid and came here to look it up...Hmm. I know I love this site for many things, but, wow the answer is sitting right here!
After having some time to mull the experience over, I had a few afterthoughts I wanted to share. There was also no suctioning; we have had NO breastfeeding problems like my poor daughter had due to very aggressive and unnecessary suctioning. This was such a relief. Of course, my daughter *is* still the world's most dedicated nurser and will not even consider giving up her boobie. I was very happy with my midwife for refusing to suction the baby when my (well-meaning)...
Logan's mommy - what equipment and software are you using? i really loved the Dogwood tree pic. That was SO [pretty. It seems like some of your images have a soft/dreamy quality to them.
put the birth ball in the shower if you don't have a birthing tub. I loved that! also, DP was unconditionally supportive, and never once told me I needed to 'get it under control' or anything. during one really bad contraction i screamed like crazy and the midwife tried to tell me that - I *barely* stopped myself from smacking her! And I drank a redbull 2/3 of the way through : - I could feel the energy surge immediately and it lasted thru pushing (which took...
oh I have the same situation - DD was a 24/7 nightmare, this baby is such a dream! I would have 6 more if they could all be like him : I try to make sure I hold and love on him as much as I can while being joyful at the ability to do laundry and such.
white noise, dark room, propped up somehow, on a cotton blanket - that's the only conditions under which my DD would sleep. to GET her to sleep I had to nurse her until she nodded off and I could slip the nipple out, then I had to make sure that none of my skin was touching hers - there had to be a blanket barrier, and I had to swing her back and forth by twisting at the waist for about 5 minutes until she was in a deeper sleep, and then switch to a more up and down...
whew I thought it was just me! I did manage to take him thru Target in it last night while he was asleep, but when he woke up - wow...
Well, I found out too late for us that if my partner and I had gotten married in any other state, then NM, which recognizes the marriages of other states, would have allowed my midwife to add her as the second parent onto the birth certificate. So I would say yes. My midwife from my daughter's birth was the first in NM to do such a thing for one of her lesbian client/couples and she called and let me know when my son was oh, 39 weeks....a little too late to jet off across...
is VT still civil union? when did CT go legal?? that one surprised me!