or Connect

Posts by Photochef

I am wondering those of you with young babies, at what age do they start making eye contact and looking at you when you try to catch their gaze? My 4 week old seems like he avoids eye contact, but I have no idea why he would... If I am talking to him/playing kissy face with him, he will smile but when I move to look in his little eyes, he will look away or even turn his head away. Is this a normal baby thing? I don't remember my daughter doing this, but it has been a...
Well, I am thinking food intolerances may be part of it for my son - I am trying to cut out dairy to see if that might help. He also has spinach green foamy poop (TMI??) and I was told it might be a let down/foremilk hind milk imbalance. So I am trying to regulate things for him, but he does not seem to like being held in the cradle hold so nursing is tough sometimes. He likes to be flat on his back, sat up and bounced, and sometimes held leaning back on me with his...
Hi there- I am wondering what your experiences are regarding hip pain that lasts for a while after the baby is born? My son was born a month ago, and I had so much pain that I could not lay down for the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy and slept in a recliner (which was not good for my neck). He was a very big baby, 11lbs,6oz and When he got stuck (SD) the midwife had me flex my hips pretty severely to open up my pelvis so he could make it out. Well I figured after the...
Bumping the thread, because my newborn son is doing this a lot - he arches his back constantly. Anyone else have some ideas?
I don't know what I was thinking taking a 3 week old, a two year old, and my partner and I for a family portrait... We had called the day before and asked about the hours for the portrait studio, and whether they took appointments. Well the hours they gave us were wrong, we showed up at 10, and they didn't open until 12. We walked around for 2 hours waiting. At 12pm we walked up to the counter and were informed that they had appointments coming in at at 12, 12:30,...
hey, i read that when i was a teenager, and I loved that book! For some reason i thought it was ina may's first book, with all the delicious hippie birth stories, but i don't remember the story to speak of having anything to do with the farm. hmmmm, I want to re read that book. i hope someone rings in who knows what it is. i remember the woman made some sort of potato soup with her daughter before going into labor and I think they lived by a stream. Is that the...
Hi fellow parents... My third mother's day is coming up and I would like it to be a happy one this year, as my last two were real downers - the first I was recovering from a traumatic birth and a partner who didn't get it, and the second my partner and I were fighting and pretty unhappy. This year things seem to be going LOTS better, but I feel sort of trapped by the last two so I am looking for ideas from everyone else on what you are doing/getting/whatever to make...
food and water - probably not, lol I realize at about noon that I have forgotten to eat breakfast and have had nothing to drink! Great tips, just when I think I have exhausted kelly mom and read everything, there pops up something else I have missed before. Thank you so much. BTW, with my daughter, I did have it for several months, but it waned at about 10 months or so when she was eating more solid foods. Thank you both so much!!
Okay I am SO tired of this. I went through it with my daughter and now it is happening again with my new son - Every time I start nursing I get a crushing headache and wave of nausea and they last for about 3 minutes. Not terrible, but it sucks to be sitting there and suddenly go from feeling good to feeling terrible. My partner told me that I am just not cut out for nursing - Is it the hormones that cause letdown? I was not traumatized with this birth, so I know it is...
No, the most I do is tuck a blanket under his head so that his sweaty little head and the skin on my arm don't turn into a rash for either of us. The blanket covers up my big belly, which I am way more self concious of than my boobies. Then I just keep my shirt pulled down close-ish to his mouth. I attend large staff meetings and intimate home visits with the families I work with, and have nursed thru every one. With two kids now! I know I have really caused a lot...