or Connect

Posts by JoyMC

Hello there! I'm working on a book that's set partially inside the Art Institute, but I'm all the way in Seattle. (I went to Northwestern, but haven't been back in the area for about ten years.) So I need a little assistance from a Chicago area family. I thought it might be a fun outing for some homeschoolers.   Basically, it would be a sort of scavenger hunt. I would give you a list of five or six descriptions (ie, I'm looking for a portrait of a haughty,...
I have a 5.5 year old who's super imaginative, very verbal, and loves to draw/sew/do playdough/other artsy craftsy things. She loves to be read to more than anything on earth. We started reading the Harry Potter books a month ago and we're already halfway through the fifth one (which is 850 pages), with a few detours for a couple Ramona books.    But she never - never - does anything on her own. Well, she'll watch movies, though even that she'd much rather have...
hi, Seawitch. wow, that IS a lot to juggle. i juggle multiple projects, but only when they're paying.  it doesn't sound like you need accountability to do the writing if you've written 75,000 words in a month.  but maybe you need a bit of help to focus? could you maybe choose two to focus on and dedicate your writing time to them until they are finished/ready for submission? personally, i don't need to be "inspired" to work on something - i show up at the page and...
quick hi and welcome to the new writing mamas!   i continue to be swamped - just tons of writing-for-hire, to the point of turning down some work. but i'm so grateful, because we really need the funds. two agents have requested my full on my first book, and i'm about 10,000 words into a new WIP. and i'm super excited because my mom gets here this week for two and a half weeks, which will free up some more writing time. most of that will go to clients, but even my...
hey writing mamas! i've been swamped - tons of for-hire work, plus getting my manuscript all submission-shiny. i began the submission process a couple weeks ago and while i've gotten 3 form R's, last night i got my first request for a full, from a dream agent! i'm trying not to get to excited, but i'm glad to know my query letter doesn't suck.   i agree with outlining fiction, as long as you keep it loose and are flexible enough to change things if it should come up...
i don't read romance, but i say you should totally mix up the formula. my mom goes through those books like anything, and she must be so sick of the formula!  sorry about the rejections, but you're right, it's better than waiting. now you can just move on down the list to the next agents!   i have FINALLY gotten really constructive feedback on my book from two great sources. so now i'm working through those revisions and hoping to start submitting within a couple weeks....
hmmm. i have no idea. but if you want to play around, i make my own deodorant that sounds very similar - just combine equal parts coconut oil, baking soda, and arrowroot OR cornstarch (so if it turns out you are reacting to one of those, you could keep up the same general idea but cut out the offending powder), then a few drops of whatever EO you like for scent.   good luck!
Custom Probiotics seem really expensive up front, but if you consider the price per CFU (basically the amount of probiotic power you're getting for your $$$), they're really reasonable. a bottle will last your whole family a long time. and the powder dissolves really well (and tastelessly) in drinks.   i also like Kirkman Labs, but i think Custom is cheaper on the whole.
thanks! i'm not concerned about general probiotic use during breastfeeding, but about really massive doses that could cause some serious die-off. i've used Klaire, Kirkman labs, and home-brewed kefir & kombucha throughout pregnancy and throughout my older child's 3 years of breastfeeding. but i have recently discovered a major gluten intolerance and possible celiac, so i'm realizing there's some serious gut healing to do. i'm taking a normal dose of Custom Probiotics,...
so, first of all, forgive me if these questions are answered elsewhere. i've read through most of this thread, but it's all kind of a blur now.   my main question is this: does the clay mop up enough of the die-off to make major probiotic doses safe during breastfeeding?   also, i'm comfortable w/probiotics and playing with the dosage, but with the clay, how much would you start a one year old on?   i'm curious to know how/for what you use the clay when out and about. and...