or Connect

Posts by kaliki_kila

Thanks everyone for your input.  I had a good cry with my dh reassuring me this morning that everything will be fine in the end.     I have been taking fish oil/omega 3 all through my pregnancy.  I found some other things mentioned online that I can take and I'll pick them up today - garlic, vitamin c, more probiotics, echinacea.   I have a very supportive midwife at Kaiser who took me into her office my last appointment and gave me the longest and most...
My heart fell this morning when I logged on to Kaiser to see that my test results are in for Group B Strep and I am positive.   I did everything that I was told to do by the doula who taught our Bradley class - I took probiotics, used a garlic insert, ate a lot of yogurt, everything that I could do to try and sway the results.  This is also my first baby so I had no indication that I would test positive for this.     Now please help me to deal with this and tell...
That makes sense, so I can try different positions and techniques and see what works for us!
"Our" first baby!  I love her name!  Congratulations on your sweet little one!  I'm glad to hear everything went well.
  I have a question about reclined breastfeeding.  In my Bradley class, we watched a breastfeeding video that said you should sit up straight with a pillow behind your back and do a cradle hold, brush the nipple against the baby's nose, then pull them in firmly to get a deep latch.  I read the opposite in my Breastfeeding Made Simple book, which says reclined or laid-back breastfeeding is best and you should lay baby between your breasts and kind of let them find their...
I keep checking back and hope all is well.  
Ooh I love the Hanna Andersson pjs as well.  These were the first things I bought when I found out I was pregnant.  I have these 3.  I got them in different sizes so my babe can outgrow one pair and grow right into another.          
My to do list at 37 weeks:   finish mobile and hang hang baby's quilt pack hospital bag install carseat take maternity photos fill freezer Christmas shopping get carpet cleaned repot plants get some new books to read while breastfeeding wash bedding
Yes, this is a completely materialistic thread!  What kind of baby stuff are you guys looking forward to using?  Here are a few of my favorites.   Camille changing bag:       I've been eyeing this for a long time because it has a compartment for wet/soiled cloth diapers.  I didn't get it because of the price.  I was in Babies R Us today and there was one on the shelf for $40!  It didn't have the changing mat with it, so that may be why it was so marked down.  I...
I've done:   Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/spaghetti-meatballs/ Banana Bread:  http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/ Chocolate Chip Muffins:  http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-muffins-9326 Chicken soup:  I basically just saute some onions and garlic and then add carrots, celery, shredded up rotisserie chicken, peas, and then add stock and bring to a boil and then add pasta.   I've also picked...