or Connect

Posts by kaliki_kila

Quote: Originally Posted by kofduke Mirror, Mirror - Maguire I always enjoy Maguire's takes on the old fairy tales, and found this one to be very well done. I read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire (Cinderella story retold) and I thought it was pretty good! I'll have to check this one out.
Just finished Life As We Knew It as well. Same as everyone else said. Frightening and I couldn't put it down and I dreamt about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Keeta Yikes, if you thought THAT was long and redundant I seriously wouldn't bother with the rest. It gets exponentially worse with each passing book, IMHO. I gave up, but heard the last book in particular was just unbearable. Thanks, yeah I think I will just skip the rest of the series. There's too many other good books I want to read.
Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean A. Auel I don't think I've ever read a book set during this time period - with cave people hunting mammoth and such. I liked the story and the historical context, but I thought the book was too long and redundant. It could have been shortened quite a bit without leaving anything out. There were a lot of parts were Broud's jealousy was rehashed, over and over and other things were also repeated many times. I have the other books, but I...
For the best credit score, you should have 2-4. Less than two is not enough and more than 4 is too many and looks bad. You should be loyal to whatever credit cards you have and not always cancel/apply for new ones because you want to have a long credit history.
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood Jeez... frightening... I'm really glad I read this. Can anyone recommend anything else by Margaret Atwood or anything similar?
Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson This book has been really popular in some circles so I read it to see what all the fuss was about. The title is misleading - I thought it was going to be about a posh woman who decides to live a Quaker lifestyle for a summer. Instead, it's about a wealthy family who decide to give up their mansion and much of their belongings in order to volunteer at a homeless shelter. It had a good message but I have always found Samson's writing style...
Quote: Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy Ooh, Triffids is one of my favorites. (The film 28 Days Later was based, in part, on Wyndham's novel.) If you can get a hold of it, The Midwich Cuckoos by Wyndham is a masterpiece! I am loving this book, almost finished with it. It's kind of like reading a Choose Your Own Adventure book where the choices are already made for you. Only part I didn't like was when Coker goes on an extended rant...
So I went to Target today and got some Fish Oil. I couldn't find Cod Liver Oil anywhere. I got the Nature Made brand that is derived from anchovy and sardine and it has DHA and EPA.
Quote: Originally Posted by Keeta 39. Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer YA/SF/Dystopia - Wow, this is a scary freaking book. The moon is hit by a meteor (this is not unexpected) - what is unexpected is that it had a larger mass than anticipated, and the meteor knocks the moon out of its orbit. This has major repercussions on earth, with earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes taking place, and day-to-day life falling apart as a result. See through...