or Connect

Posts by kaliki_kila

Quote: Originally Posted by alegna The metal concern with fillings is mercury. I'm 90% sure there is no mercury in braces. -Angela Thanks! That really clears it up. I checked and braces indeed do not contain mercury. I guess the only issue now is that when I get my braces tightened I will have to forego the advil. At least it's only every 8 weeks...
My dh and I are thinking to start TTC soon. I just got braces put on in March and I have to wear them for 22 months. I'm worried about metal toxicity to the baby... I know they say not to have your metal fillings drilled into and not to have new metal fillings put in while pregnant... but I can't find any information about braces. I'm worried all this metal in my mouth could be really harmful. I know my ortho will just say it's fine, but I want some real...
Quote: Originally Posted by kamilla626 I used to be able to do that trick where you stack some coins on your up-turned elbow (hand by your ear), then snap your arm straight and catch the coins. I can't do it any more though. I can do that! I taught myself how one night after an a-hole gym teacher in Jr. High "demonstrated" that only boys can do this trick because they have super fast reaction times. So now I can do it with a whole line of...
Foamy white waves, baby otters floating on their backs, a seagull hopping after a seastar, sparkly sand that squishes under your feet, a private bonfire on the beach under a black midnight sky, jetskis and sailboats, fat seals flopping around on the rocks, clam chowder on the pier, ferris wheels on the boardwalk - all good things are at the beach. Now, my question is why do people vacation at places like Disney Land and choose to be surrounded by all that electronic...
67. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer I really liked it. I'm going to save the next 3 books in the series for my vacation, so I have some light reading to take with me. I don't really get why some of the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere call Bella a whiney brat - she does great in school, cleans the house without being asked, cooks dinner for her father every single night, likes to spend her free time reading/visiting bookstores, and did something pretty brave and...
Quote: Originally Posted by cathe "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks Finally slogged my way through this - I've tried but I just really can't stand Nicholas Sparks writing. People keep recommending him to me but this is definitely the last try I'm giving him. Anyway - it was about a NY guy and a southern girl who fall in love and get married quickly because she's pregnant. They move to the south and he tries to adjust. ITA! His writing does...
66. Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee About a quirky, precocious 11-yr-old girl who loves words, loves to interview people, and makes up stories about everything. She befriends an old man and interviews him about his life and also discovers missing information about her own life and the circumstances of her birth. Good read.
I have one (it was a gift). I read somewhere that they are not "in" anymore and wealthy people won't buy them because everybody has one.
I remembering reading one of these... I think it was Dollhouse Murders. I put Behind the Attic Wall on my hold list to read.
I think the benefit is that you get more freezer space. But those kind of fridges don't come with ice/water, and I couldn't live without that feature.