or Connect

Posts by kaliki_kila

I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to commiserate.  I work a very physical job as well where I'm always on my feet and I'm so sore and exhausted.  I'm in pain pretty much all day from my back and my ribs, and I'm just feeling so pushed to the limits.  I am counting down the days until my maternity leave can start!  I am taking off four weeks before my due date.  I know I will need some rest time for my body to recover before the baby comes.
That's kind of funny you say that because my MIL was going to get us the carseat and then when she saw the Limonata, she questioned us on the color and said it was ugly and now she won't buy it!  I think it's cute :)  So we'll just end up getting it.  I went to Babies R Us today and saw the carseat in person.  They didn't have Limonata but they did have the Cubes on display and it looks like a very good carseat.  Too bad cars themselves are full of toxins.   We went to...
I'm so glad to hear that you other mamas are looking into this stuff as well.  I have to get back to work, but real quick here are three infant car seats I found that have no or very low toxins.  They have to be in the specific color that is listed:   Graco Snugride 35 in Laguna Bay (I had this on my registry but now it has been sold out for a long time and I can't find it anywhere) Chicco Keyfit 30 in Limonata  (we're getting this one) Combi Shuttle 33 in...
I read a book at the beginning of this pregnancy called Having Faith (here is the book).  http://www.amazon.com/Having-Faith-Sandra-Steingraber/dp/0425189996/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349324119&sr=1-3&keywords=Toxicology  I think the book was recommended by someone in this DDC awhile back, but not sure.   The book was written by a toxicologist and discusses all of the environmental toxins we are exposed to that accumulate in our bodies and go to our babies...
Wanted to share this really nice birth video I came across today.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyN88wXh1cs&feature=plcp
Wow, that was really interesting.  Opening yourself up to the pain and just accepting all of it.  I'm doing Bradley where we are learning all these coping techniques and I'm glad to have all those tools, but this concept is something to think about.
tropicana:  Me, too!  I have been famished these last few days.  I have gained 15 lbs so far but I'm sure at my next appointment I will have shot up!
esp831:  Did your rib cage go down after you had your babies?  Mine has expanded so much it's unbelievable.   Thanks for all the egg suggestions!  I did make french toast on Saturday and was so happy when I realized I can count that as my eggs for the day!  I'm definitely going to make those quinoa muffins.
On bras - I got 3 new nursing bras today and a sleep bra - I am so much happier now because the nursing bra I had been wearing was so tight around my rib cage it was painful, even when wearing two bra extensions doubled up!  These bras I got are a bit loose so I should be good to go when my milk comes in.  I know some mamas on here are already leaking and it makes me wonder if my plumbing works right!   I also started my Bradley classes last week.  We did some...
I am having a really hard time at work.  I work for a preschool/childcare center and my co-teacher and I just got a new group of babies that started last week.  They are 11 mos to 14 mos old and there are 8 of them between the two of us.  I work from 7-4 and they all arrive one after the other as soon as I get in and they are there all day until closing.  Most of them are crying because they don't know us.  Some of them are really big for their age and it's impossible...