or Connect

Posts by kaliki_kila

I'm working on decluttering since we need to make room for baby in our 1-bd apartment.  I managed to empty out my dresser and dh and I culled out a lot of our clothes so we can share his dresser and baby can have mine for his clothes/changing table.     I got a lot of baby clothes at my shower and some toys and a few things.  I looked up everything I got and set aside any toys that have BPA or clothing with polyester or flame retardants and things like that.  ...
I posted this in my Sciatica thread, but I wanted to mention it here for anyone who is having trouble sleeping on their side.  I bought a Snoogle body pillow based on all the good reviews on Amazon. It's a long, c-shaped pillow that will keep you on your side with your legs, knees, and ankles supported.  I've slept on it two nights so far and actually slept all through the night and woke up in the same position I started off in.  I bought the organic version.  The part...
The Snoogle cured me!  I never buy gimicky things, but I'm so glad I bought this pillow.  On Tuesday night, I slept on it and I woke up 8 hours later in the exact same position I started off in.  My leg pain was completely gone.  I slept great on it last night and I still don't have any pain.  I haven't been sleeping well, trying to stuff pillows all around me and keep on my side.  The pillow keeps me on my side with my legs, knees, and ankles supported in a neutral...
Oh good, I'm so glad it helped you.  I went on yelp and found a chiropractor that works with pregnant women.  I sent an appointment request and hopefully she can get me in soon!  I also got a Snoogle body pillow and it's so comfy.  Maybe that will help me sleep better.  I'm traveling to see my family in Texas next week.  They are having a baby shower for me and I don't want to be in this pain while I'm there!
I have had this pain down my right leg since Sunday.  I have been sleeping really fitfully at night with the pain and then working full-time at my job as a toddler teacher.  I can't pick up the kids at work and they try to climb onto my lap all day... I have to be active with them and we are outside most of the morning.  So far I am just sticking it out and doing stretches when I can and using a heating pad at night.  I was thinking of getting a massage from a physical...
Papaya enzyme really helps with heartburn.  What I did was just cut up some papayas to keep in the fridge and I eat a slice when I feel heartburn coming on.  HTH!
Here is a new one to keep the thread moving.  Jump in if you are signed up for Bradley!  I can't wait to start mine in September!   TMBM is already thinking about baby's first Christmas!
That's right.... I grew up in Texas/New Mexico.  I packed my bags in my car and moved to California when I turned 18.  I live pretty near there... did you have a baby over here? 
The Chinese calendar was right for me.  It predicted boy and that's what we have!
  I had the same experience!  I didn't want to find out, but everyone on here finding out made me want to know.  My dh also really wanted to know and was going to find out regardless of if I decided to wait.  We both had a very strong feeling it was a boy and as soon as she started up the ultrasound, he was there with his legs open and I said, "It's a boy!"  So even if I had decided to wait, I would have found out just from glancing at the ultrasound.  Now I am really...