or Connect

Posts by chrissy

I've been super nesting the past few days, and I've started really worrying that (a) I didn't have enough newborn diapers and (b) I needed something with more room for her cord.  So, this morning I ordered a dozen Green Mountain Diaper organic workhorse dipes, newborn sized.  I debated a bit on the size, because newborn only goes to 10 pounds and chances are this baby will be close to that at birth.  But then I really want the option to fold the top down for her cord, so...
My first was a hospital induction, on (or the day after?) my due date.  It took 2 days and was hellish.   My next 3 all came sometime around 41 weeks, or a few days shy, at home, and were super fast, <3 hours.   
HUGS!  It is so hard!  My last 3 births (all but my first, which was a hospital induction), I have had lots of prodromal labor.  I agree with you that it is soooo emotionally exhausting.  If you are up for it, accupuncture might be able to help- either to help you relax or to kick your labor into gear.    I am just over 36 weeks, so mine is just starting.  I am trying to wrap my head around dealing with this, with increasing intensity, for the next 5 weeks or so and...
My first was a hospital induction and lasted 2 days.  It was horrible.    All of the rest have been born at home and have been crazy fast, under 3 hours.  I have had weeks of prodromal labor each time though, so I guess my body does a lot of the work then.   My fast labors do freak me out because they are just so intense, but it is preferable to the 2 day kind. 
Oh, she is SO cute!!!   
Hi there,   What kind of diapers are you all using or planning to use with your new babe?    I've used soooo many kinds and combinations over the years.  Last time I really preferred prefolds snappi'ed inside wool soakers.  I have plenty, I think, but now as time gets closer I am starting to feel the itch for more!   Also, if you are using prefolds, what size are you going to use?  My babies have all been big- just under 9 pounds to 10 pounds 6 ounces.  I...
Is Nancy Harman still practicing?  She is a CNM, and lives in Bear Creek, NC.  She is absolutely wonderful.  She attended my first 2 homebirths, when we lived in Greensboro, and I think she did a lot of Chapel Hill area births too. 
I can't say for sure yet, but I think it will be gone for me after this baby.  I am 26 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby, and I feel 110% sure that I don't ever want to do this again.  I detest pregnancy, though I like birth (though it does hurt like heck) and absolutely adore babies.  I have been miserable during every single one of my pregnancies, but always thought I wanted more.  I will be 38 when this baby is born, and though I am beyond excited for her, I really...
Oh boy!   I can totally relate!  My first was a hospital induction at just over 40 weeks.  It lasted 2 days, and I ended up with Pitocin, an epidural, a 4th degree tear....  I pushed for 4 hours and, like you, only narrowly avoided a c-section.   My 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) babies have been born at home.  They have all come at about 41 weeks and all have been after weeks of prodromal labor.  It makes me pretty crazy during those last few weeks, being sure over and over...
Whoa, I just read this whole thread, and I find myself feeling very very frustrated at you, Lisa.   I totally agree with what Lynn said just above me.    Just a few posts above that you said that doctors are your enemy.  That really jumped out at me.  That is not rational.  And it is not fair to have a kid with issues and not deal with that phobia.  I know you keep jumping up and down and screaming that you're going to call, so don't worry, you don't have to say...