or Connect

Posts by chrissy

It is NOT hard for me to believe that midwives screw up, but I am NOT going to assume it when I hear about a death.  I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt until I know otherwise.  I do know the midwife in question and I know that she is very professional.  Do I think this means that she never ever has made a single mistake?  No, of course not.  Everybody makes mistakes all the time.  I do believe that she has not made any mistakes that have caused a baby's...
So, it is your contention that these deaths were due to the midwife's mistakes?  And you know this how?    There was a quote from one of the families that their baby's death (I believe it was the stillborn baby) was NOT the fault of the midwife and that they do NOT hold her accountable.    Also, in that article, the family asked to remain anonymous.  It would be a violation of their privacy for strangers to try to seek them out.
From what I have read, and I believe that I have read everything published in actual news sources (vs. anti-homebirth blogs), those rumors are NOT published in multiple news sources in 2 different counties.  And, without knowing the cause for the stillbirth, there is no reason to believe it is the fault of the midwife.  And now, in the Charlotte Observer article, we read (from the grieving mother of the stillborn baby), that Amy was not even at the birth.   So yes,...
I was just coming to post that article!  So yes, rumors.    From the above article...   "She said no parent has complained about her care. Medwin was attending a home birth in Charlotte on Feb. 19 when a relative of the parents called 911. The newborn was transported to the hospital. Police checking Medwin's background found a warrant for her arrest in Rowan County. She was not charged with a midwifery violation in Mecklenburg County. The Rowan County charge...
Perhaps it was botched PR.  I really don't know.  It is not clear WHAT the impetus for the arrest was.  Yes, there are plenty of rumors, but there has not been any statement (that I know of) either from Amy, the NCFOM, or families.  So, while there are RUMORS that a baby was stillborn and that a baby was transferred to the hospital, in my opinion, none of this is FACT.  You can't really rally behind a family, when you don't know who they are or any details of what...
Well, I am in NC and I don't know these families at all. I don't know how I would go about finding them, and I kind of feel like trying to do so would be quite intrusive.
All over?  Really, like where?  Show me a credible account.  Just because you read it on the internet, on somebody's blog, doesn't mean it's true.  People make a lot of things up.   I don't know why people always say that.  The reason I said it is because it isn't fair to assume that the midwife was liable for a death, when in fact there could be other circumstances.  I'm not about to assume that it was the midwife's fault.  That doesn't mean that I don't still...
Where are you getting these "facts"?    Certainly, a baby's death is always a tragedy.  Always.  And, I absolutely hope and pray that all families of lost babies are supported and loved and taken good care of.    But, without knowing any facts, it is not fair to assume that it was the fault of the midwife.  Perhaps it was a baby who would have died no matter where he or she was born, due to either birth defect(s) or accident of birth that would have happened...
I'm here.    Noah's in 3rd grade and we're using a combination of Waldorf and Classical resources.  We are doing all the usual 3rd grade main lesson blocks and filling in with Spelling Workout, HWOT cursive, some Singapore math and daily math worksheets from the Waldorf Making Math Meaningful site.    Lilah's in Kindergarten and we started the year using Little Acorn Learning monthly guides.  I really really liked them but Lilah wanted more.  So, we just started...
subbing to remind me to try making flour tortillas again!