or Connect

Posts by lorijds

Thanks for the input.   I see where it might be problematic right now, with four people living in the household, but honestly, it seems that if we'd just readjust our mindset it would be find.  My oldest moves out next year for college, and then youngest a couple of years after that, and then it's just my husband and I, for which such a machine would be absolutely no problem.  Like I said, we already hang out a lot of laundry anyhow.  I also work 12 hour shifts, so...
Does anyone have any experience with something like this?   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+3.6+Cu.+Ft.+9-Cycle+Washer+and+6-Cycle+Dryer+Combo+-+White/9945183.p?id=1218199620891&skuId=9945183   I didn't even know something like this existed, but came across it while looking for a new washer and dryer.     Anyone have any thoughts about it? Thanks!
I'm cross posting, I'm not sure if that's frowned upon, but I'm trying to get some good feedback.   Does anyone have any experience with a combined washer/dryer?  I had never even heard of this before, and in shopping for a new washer/dryer set, I came across this.   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+3.6+Cu.+Ft.+9-Cycle+Washer+and+6-Cycle+Dryer+Combo+-+White/9945183.p?id=1218199620891&skuId=9945183   We hang out our clothes during good weather (unless we're...
The Birth and Women's Center in Topeka would be a viable option for an out of hospital birth center.
Our new house has several fluorescent lights...you know, the long, boring, office style light fixtures. How can I make these less ugly and more funky? I was in a massage studio once where they had some sort of cool frame covered in rice paper; I can't remember it exactly, though, and my husband needs more details to create a frame. Ive also read about covering them with fabric, but once again, few details or pics. I really can't find much on the internet, surprisingly...
We are in the process of purchasing a house that has a funky heating set up. Main portion of the house has baseboard water heat. A single, large family room added on back has a gas wall heater that is a fire hazard and we need to replace. The basement has an ancient gas heater that basically sits in the middle of the main room and blows heat; the further away you are, the less heat you have. The basement heater is truly ancient, I think it's 60 years old. It scares...
Thanks for your response!     I assumed it was more of a "We have to say this" rather than a strictly enforced rule, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to make major newbie error.  Races are expensive, and it's a culmination of a huge amount of training for me;  I don't want to sign up for one, only to be denied entry or forced to quit because I have an ear bud in my ear.
I think most hard core exercise gurus will tell you to eat about 30 minutes or so prior to a hard workout.  My friend sees an exercise endocrinologist, and he swears that not only must you eat before, you should consume certain calories during, as well.   I personally don't eat during exercise, except for runs beyond one hour, then I much on energy gummi blocks.  I hate drinking anything but water during runs, so I can't really do the gatorade thing.  I don't really...
I'm getting ready to sign up for my second half, and as I was on the website, I noted that they specifically state that no headphones, ipods, etc are allowed.  This is a fairly large run, with a 5K, 10K, half and full marathon, I'm guessing over 15K participants.   When races say "No Headphones" do they really enforce that?   I like to listen to music while I run, and I also have a running app that tells me my splits and times.  I typically only run with one...
The Redwall books by Brian Jacques sound like they would be interesting to your child.  The language (and some of the themes:  war, hunger, power, family) is very advanced, but the actual characters are all animals.  Redwall is an abbey/monastery in the medieval times.  There are pirates, traders, warriors, monks, and orphans;  gentle, kind creatures and evil, cunning ones.  It's really quite fantastic.