or Connect

Posts by lorijds

Sorry, I missed where you said you weren't interested in a home birth.   Then I would highly recommend the Birth Center.  I don't think they do not do underwater birth, but they are fine with you laboring in the tub.
The Birth and Women's Center is still open and is still wonderful;  I don't know why they don't update their website.   Three Lawrence based homebirth midwives whom I would wholeheartedly recommend:  Fran Beier, Brenda Frankenfeld, and Emily Hester.  Fran and Brenda are both direct entry midwives, Emily is a CNM who used to work at the Birth Center in Topeka, but now has her own homebirth practice.  All three of these women are very skilled and experienced midwives.
Apparently all that I needed was time.  I'm no longer running with bandaids, and I no longer have blisters.  Thanks for all the suggestions!  
I am not a "runner" I suppose, but I think I'm on my way to becoming one.  I run almost exclusively outside.  Occasionally I have to run on the treadmill, and I really can't do more than 2 miles before I am just mentally finished.   I started out running/walking, then when I got to the point that I could run for 2 miles non-stop, I started just doing that and then adding a little (maybe half a mile) to my runs each week.   Now my runs are between 3-5 miles, 2-4...
If you don't feel bad, if your heart rate starts to go down immediately upon decreasing or discontinuing your effort, and if you're not having breathlessness, lightheadedness, chest pressure, or the sensation that your heart is just fluttering like mad in your chest, you are fine.   If you have any of those symptoms, you need to talk to your physician.     When I really exert myself, I've had my heart rate as high as 200, with a sustained 180s-190s, particularly...
Decreasing or eliminating gluten may help.  I seem to lose best when I go low carb, unfortunately (because I love me some carbs).   Mainly I just wanted to commiserate.  Since January I have been running a lot, between 15-25 miles a week, as well as yoga twice a week.  I've improved my eating (though to be honest, I have not cut out terrible foods, just have been trying to make better choices).  I had hopes that I would simply crave healthier foods as my physical...
Thanks for all the ideas.  The skin on the blisters seems to be getting tougher, and my milage was a little less this week, with my long run only being 7 miles.  I left the blisters uncovered most of the time, and this does seem to be helping.  I forgot to put bandaids on before my 6 miler this morning, and I didn't develop any blisters at all.   I feel like my toe box is perhaps a little small.  I have two toes on my left foot whose nails look bruised.  Part of my...
I think it's okay to ask them to stop doing it if you think that would actually work, and if you actually want to sit down and have that discussion.  It didn't sound like the OP's MIL was the personality type as to change, nor did it sound like the OP was interested in having a big heart to heart.  As you note, though, nothing is "that simple" nor easy to understand, particularly in short posts on the internet.   I think that people have some right to being treated...
You can perpetuate and reinforce the situation by being snide and passive aggressive in turn, or you can let it go and treat her with the dignity and respect the mother of your husband deserves.     I guess it comes down to what sort of example you want to set for your children.   Personally, my MIL is an incredibly insecure person who really wants to do right by her grandkids, but has terrible social skills and an overwhelming need to be repeatedly thanked and...
I think you can be as crunchy as you want to be in Lawrence, Ks or the surrounding countryside.