or Connect

Posts by lorijds

I've started and stopped running programs many times in my life, but for some reason this time it's stuck and I've been bit hard by the running bug.  Which is great, since I'm up to 12 miles on my long run (6 weeks before the half marathon I'm training for), and I put in between 18-28 miles a week, depending upon weather, work, and family activities.   I bought my shoes at a running store at which the clerk took 30 minutes assessing my gait and then helping me try on...
Aaaand it's out of print, available as a collector's item for $50+.  Darn it.  I wish we would have kept it, but I think my daughter used it for art projects when we stopped playing with it.  Ah, well.  Thanks for helping me find it!
YES!!!!  That's it!  Thank you so much!
  I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm guilty of cross-posting....   About 13 years ago, we were given this absolutely lovely game as a gift.  It is for young children.     It consists of these tiles, and you lay the tiles down to make a path.  There is also waterways, with some pools and rivers.  The object is to try to connect the paths to touch all sides of the shape the tiles end up taking.  There are little gnomes and other forest creatures on some of...
I'm not sure where to post this...   About 13 years ago, we were given this absolutely lovely game as a gift.  It is for young children.     It consists of these tiles, and you lay the tiles down to make a path.  The object is to try to connect the paths to touch all sides of the shape the tiles end up taking.  There are little gnomes and other forest creatures, and if two "touch" when you lay your tile down, you get extra points.   It's a sweet game with...
I work nights on a medical floor.  It may be the town that I live in, but there are several "odd ducks".  Women who have had homebirths, extended breastfeeders, people who are very open to alternative medications, treatments, and diets.  I only work with one fellow, and he's a fairly open minded dude, as well.    
My first trip through nursing school, I had to drop out before it even started (ie I was accepted, finishing prereqs, went through orientation, and then had to drop) because of early pregnancy complications.   You *cannot* miss any school.  Sometimes they are ok with missing a few lectures, but you *cannot* miss clinicals.  The number of clinical hours are set by the state board of nursing.  Schools compete heavily for clinical sites and times.  Most hospitals and...
I know I don't post much (and can't even keep up regularly), but I still enjoy reading how everyone's training is going, it's very inspirational.   I am still super slow, and freaking out that the half is in 6 weeks, but I did a 7 mile run yesterday without stopping, so I feel pretty good about that.  I've stuck with my training schedule religiously the last two weeks:  running according to schedule, two days a week of Bodypump, one day a week of yoga, plus some dog...
I ran a full 4 miles on the treadmill without stopping.  Yea me!  And for the very first time, I wasn't having to talk myself into going a little bit farther before a walking break;  I just ran the entire way.  It was a nice feeling.   I have some issues with developing heart palpitations during running;  I know it happens when I'm really tired, and pushing myself too hard.  I doesn't happen all the time, it doesn't take my breath away, and it stops (and typically...
Awe, I'm pretty sure that's me (not many "lorijds'" around).  Nice to be recognized (If that's stalking, stalk away)!   Dr. Jen, I would have stayed in OB/Mother/Baby if I could have worked with at least one doc like you.  Here I am on the medical floor, where no one tells me I can't get a patient out of bed, where I get to make the decision to hold medications that are truly unnecessary, and where I'm more comfortable with medical interventions because they really are...