or Connect

Posts by lorijds

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. However, I didn't realize that about 4 years ago, we purchased a region-free one...DH teaches German and Spanish, and so he bought one (with our money) so that he could use it in the classroom. Then the school purchased one for the language department, so dh brought his home. All this time, I've had access to a region free one without even knowing! Good news, DH ordered me the complete set in Spanish! Woot! Thanks! L
Dang. I don't have a ps3 either. Poop.
Dang. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVD player. There isn't a Spanish language option in the settings. I could add Spanish subtitles, but no dubbed version. At least, not on the extended releases that I own.
I'm trying to learn Spanish. I don't have many movies memorized, but the LOTR trilogy, oh yes, I do. Word for word. I thought it'd be helpful to watch it dubbed in Spanish. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find that very readily availabe. I'd prefer a zone free copy, or one zoned for viewing in the US. I have very limited access to a zone free DVD player, but it'd be a major hassle. To top it off...is there a version in "American" Spanish; as in, not in...
If I understand your post correctly, your oldest daughter also feels she doesn't have a good relationship with your youngest daughter because of this. If that is indeed the case, I would gently remind her that there is a very large age difference that can account for this. Also, just as your oldest daughter had no say in her circumstances, neither does your youngest daughter. Your oldest daughter cannot rationally hold anything against her, either. I agree with so...
When our oldest moved out of our bed, completely on her own (she was 6 at the time), her 3 year old sister moved out the next night, into bed with her sister! We went from a family bed to just the two of us in a 30 hour time span! Frankly, they liked it and my dh and I hated it for a while. We still have an open bed policy (they are 15 and 12). For a long time, at least 2 days a week, the kids slept with us. It was completely random as to why, and sometimes one girl...
Fran Beier, Brenda Frankenfeld, and Suzanne Ryan are all homebirth midwives in the Lawrence-KC-Topeka area.
Quote: Originally Posted by mks1014 However, how will I sleep with him and the baby in the house? I guess I just would? I say that just thinking that I would want to be with the family and it would be hard to sleep when I know there is family time going on. Great earplugs and a fan for white noise. I also tie a t=shirt around my head to block out the light...and for some reason I really don't sleep well during the day without a t-shirt...
Do his work days have to be right in a row? Would it be possible for him to spread them out a bit? I don't like working three in a row, either, so I usually only do two in a row.
You would be doing your family a huge disservice if you worked nights and did not have some type of childcare during the day for your baby. Really, babies don't sleep hard during the day for long. Even if you just had someone come into your home and watch the kids for 4-5 hours while you sleep, you really, really need that. Also, you can't be sleep deprived at your job. People's lives depend on your mental acuity. It's a professional responsibility to get adequate...