or Connect

Posts by lorijds

If he is wanting something read to him; what about the Redwall Series, by Brian Jacques? My 8 year old is tearing through them on her own. Think Lord of the Rings mixed with The Chronicles of Narnia, peopled by rodents (Rats, mice, shrews, hedgehogs, etc) and other wooodland creatures; takes place in medivel Europe, at an abby called Redwall.
I dunno, some hospitals will hire a new grad for OB, but not in my area. They all want one year of acute care experience--ER, medical floor, or surgical floor. But we don't have quite the shortage that other areas have. I have very much enjoyed my medical floor experience. I feel like it helps me take care of birth center clients better. My assessment skills are great, I am familiar with a variety of medications and conditions, labs and procedures. So when we get...
Thanks for bumping the thread! Good luck getting back into the swing of things; when I went from birth center/office nurse nursing to acute medical floor nursing, I was like a fish out of water for about two weeks; then I got my groove and now I'm loving it. Last night I was floated to the ER and then to ICU; I was scared to death in ICU; I had a really critical patient (I don't think he or his wife realized how very much on the brink of coding he was -- converted to...
Flogging Molly!!!! The Fenians, Black 47, Dropkick Murphy's (though they are Boston Scotts, they play some great Irish tunes), Stiff Little Fingers, and, of course, my favorite, Flogging Molly. These are some of my preferred Irish rock/punk bands. Check out Stiff Little Fingers songs "No Sleep Til Belfast" and "Alternative Ulster". Anything by Flogging Molly is good, but "Rare Auld Times" is a particularly good punk version of a traditional Irish song.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I think we should just get it out of books and music and other media. Since it doesn't actually discuss anyones art of work, only gossip about peoples lives. Why not just have the topics in TAO? I mean it is all just chit chatty stuff anyway. I'd vote for this, too.
I am merely saying there are far too many factors to be able to isolate one specific cause, or to definatively garner any support for such a correlation. I think that cancer, our genetic make up, and our environment are way too complex to be able to point a finger at one agent or another.
I'm not sure you can say that mass vaccinations cause cancer, or can even be implicated. Well, you can say it, but there are simply so many other factors involved, I'm not sure how you can ever actually prove a correlation. Cancer is primarily a disease of the elderly. If you eradicated cancer completely, you would extend the average lifespan by less than two years. When mass vaccinations began, it was at the same time that additional life prolonging advances were...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies My mother was a midwife and taught her daughters how to care for our bodies, ourselves. There is no need for 'routine care' from a person outside of yourself. Routine care is something every human should know how to do with their own bodies. I don't need to visit the Gyno once a year to have them verify my vagina still exists and is in good condition. I feel that part of the positives of finding a...
I wish my mom would have helped me find a good women's health practitioner. I finally, through word of mouth at school, found the public health department, which was awesome, and served my needs very well. But I had to go through some bumbling and some embarassing experiences to get there (and had unprotected sex because condoms irritated my skin, but I didn't know where to get birth control--my grandma was the receptionist for our family doc and I didn't want to go...
I wasn't refering to the administration of pit; I was referring to fluids and, if necessary, blood administration to keep your blood pressure from bottoming out and your organs from failing in the very, very rare event of a massive hemorrhage.