or Connect

Posts by caitryn

Well, I carry small, so people act really surprised when I tell them how far along I am.  Apparently, I look closer to 6 months than 8.5 months. One random woman told me that I must be going to have a really small baby then and didn't seem like she believed me when I said the ultrasound put my daughter in the 50th percentile (meaning 100% average!)   I've made jokes all along about how, since we already have a boy and this one is a girl, that we will have a complete...
1) I want to be closer to her due date!  (Already had one preemie and would rather not repeat that.) 2) I want a little more time to get DS to accept his daddy over comfort in place of me because I foresee him getting really jealous of me spending so much time with the newborn. 3) I'm still working on that whole packing thing (for a hospital birth.) 4) I haven't finished crocheting her blanket, hat, or booties. 5) So much laundry to get done before she gets here,...
I feel like I'm going to explode in that Alien movie sort of way.  I think she's going to born out of my belly button at this rate!  (Well, she might be coming from between my ribs right now since she suddenly decided to move up.)  I haven't lost anything, but I have had contractions.
Well, I am planning to CD my second child when she arrives (due in 4.5 weeks!) and have a stash of cloth diapers already (about 48, I think.)  We don't have alot of money to spend, so I've been picking up diapers and other baby items when they go on sale in area stores.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find anyone around here that sales diaper covers/plastic pants (unless its a yard sale and those tend to look rather... unhealthy.)   Where is the best (and least...
As others have said, it depends on the birth experience for each woman. It also depends on how you heal. In my case, I had a perfectly normal (or at least as normal as premature can be) vaginal birth with my DS. There was a 2nd degree tear, but I had mentally prepared myself from day one to have to have stitches. At my 6-week appointment, the doc said that I was healing fine, gave me the release to continue normal activities, and said any tenderness I felt would be...
Don't know if I should really be involved in this group or not since I'm not really in the SCA. I've been interested in it for years, but something always comes up every time I want to pay the membership fees. I did go to Gulf Wars this past March and loved it! If the money works out, I want to attend in 2011, but I am not entirely sure how smart that would be. I'm due with baby #2 April 5, and Gulf Wars is mid-March. Anyone with experience with this sort of thing?...
* EDD: April 5, 2011 * Name: Melissa (or Caitryn) * Age: 28 * Location: Mississippi * How long it took to you to get your BFP: We had just mentioned to each other that it might be alright to start trying when we found out that I was already 5 weeks pregnant. * What number child is this for you: Second * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and Little Man (age 2) * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Hoping for a girl but will be happy...
I started off at 189 lbs and have stayed pretty steady. I always try to weigh under the same conditions, too. In my case, this is after going to the bathroom and before eating breakfast. It's easy to keep this, too, since all of my appointments are scheduled for early in the morning. As of two days ago, I was 16 weeks 5 days along and had lost 2 lbs. BTW, I haven't had any morning sickness with this pregnancy, so I can't blame it on that. Personally, I think it's...
My husband and I came to a compromise on the issue that didn't involve keeping secrets. (He wanted to know, and I didn't.) We decided to let the baby decide. To better explain the logic of this, my mother-in-law definitely saw she was having a boy when she was pregnant with my husband. No matter what the tech did, I wouldn't uncross my legs with my mom's ultrasound, so my gender was a complete surprise. In the end with our first, Little Man left everything out...
Thanks, y'all. I recently found an awesome chiropractor that does prenatal and infant/child work, so those suggestions came at a perfect time. I can actually recommend someone to them! I've been giving them the suggestions y'all came up with, and I hope they will be considered. I know they are at their wit's end with all of this. Their current pediatrician has been brushing off everything they say, so I (and others) have been giving them recommendations on where to...