or Connect

Posts by caitryn

Alright, I am posting for a friend of mine and his gf. They have a 5 month old son who screams constantly. No matter what they do, he just screams until he passes out. His mother made these two posts: We've tried gripe water, he's not really a binky man, rocking, patting, playing with him, car rides, everything. Every time we raise concern, we get told it's colic. He throws up all the time, cries all the time. We've tried every formula all the way down the line to...
Thanks, everyone! I have been looking at the birth professionals forum since last night. I had completely missed it when going over the site.
Hello, everyone. It has been long enough since I was last on here that I thought I should re-introduce myself and maybe even ask a question or two. My name is Melissa, and I am currently in south Mississippi. I am married, have a two year old son, and am 12 weeks pregnant with our second child. I am only semi-crunchy, but I find that I am getting "crunchier" as time moves onward. Now that I am back down here with my family, it feels even more possible to raise my...
I think I belong here. I won't say we're the poorest, but we're definitely near the bottom. We live on the "poor" end of town with my parents in a house that was damaged during Katrina. I haven't been able to find permanent work in somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years. My husband was injured on the job and, consequently, lost the job. (There's a long story there!) In the end, we have no income except what my dad makes. Mom is disabled, though unable to draw disability,...
Even with taking care of a VERY demanding infant and trying to do school online, there are still comments thrown around that since our financial situation is not exactly stellar, then I should "get off my a$$ and get a job." Okay, those comments are made to DH since I don't leave the house that much. He tells them where to stuff it. (The only job(s) available pay less than what is needed to put a child in daycare!)
Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica Last night bbDD yak'd on the bedsheets. DH was horrified. I said wait...is it dinner yak or breastmilk yak? He leans in and looks...declares it breastmilk yak. I did a quick wipe w/a towel and we went to bed. There was a time in our lives that we would have changed the bedding. We've moved on LOL I used to be picky about my clothes and such. Now, the baby spits up and I just wipe up and move on. ...
We have a Johnny Jump-Up. We decided to try it since my little sister loved hers so much (20 years ago...) He didn't like it at first. I tried him in it a week later, and he seemed to get the idea of it. Last night, another week later, he was loving it. It seems to be just like anything else. Introduce and re-introduce because what he doesn't like one week can seem to change overnight. Of course, we don't leave him in the thing for long periods of time. Even if...
Most of the good advice I have gotten has been from my mom. She was teaching me about cloth diapering, encouraging breastfeeding, and is 100% against CIO. She is also constantly telling me a million and one home/natural remedies so that I don't have to fill DS full of unnecessary chemicals. The best advice, though, was during the second week after DS was born. With him being preemie and such and me not being able to pump, we were supplementing a bit with formula. DS...
I'm sure people said something similar to my dad when he had 3 girls. Of course, he never wanted a boy. He always said that he could still remember what he was like as a boy and didn't want to deal with it. (Of course, if my parents had had a boy, they would have loved him just as much. But it was easy for him to say that since he did get all girls.) I have a little boy now. I do want a daughter at some point, but I will be just as content if I have more boys. ...
All I know is that this particular RN has like 4 or 5 kids. She might have a situation where she is "not allowed" to stay home, but that would be speculation fit only for the rumor mill. I do know that she worked up to the day she had her last baby, took her 6 weeks leave, and was back to work as if nothing had happened.