or Connect

Posts by caitryn

Understanding plagiarism and how to apply the rules are two different things. The teacher should have offered some bit of insight. I really don't like it when teachers act like the one you described. Most teachers I have dealt with will at least give a warning, not just automatically drop someone from the class. In fact, I don't think the schools I've been to have even offered that option to the teacher. (Plagiarism is normally only focused on when referring to...
There is no set schedule for me. If DS is taking a nap during the day, great! I run sneak one in really quickly. If DH is home and able to care for the LO, I run do it then. I've even asked a friend to come over and watch my son for a few minutes while I shower! (The latter would be when we were already planning to hang out anyway.) Since the friend has a newborn, too, she understands my situation perfectly. I offer the same "service" to her, too.
I would only expect the ILs to buy a carseat if they INSISTED they had to have their own for their car and couldn't possibly be bothered with using the one I already have. For instance, (not that it really matters since DS doesn't go anywhere without at least one of us present) my MIL kept making noises about how NICE it would be to have a base in her van for DS. That's all well and good, but we don't see a need to spend money on another base, even if we had the money....
Quote: Originally Posted by MaWhit I started out working for West as a work-at-home agent, which got my foot in the door. Check out the forums at workplacelikehome.com for legitimate WAH jobs. : The only thing with West is that you have to maintain a quiet "office-like" atmosphere while working which means no background noise. I've done the training for two different contracts but haven't been able to follow through with either of them...
I really didn't know how to take that comment yesterday, so I just kinda switched topics in the conversation. I consider myself a SAHM more than I do a student since I dropped down to halftime. I went back to my old job at the local hospital today to show off the baby. He's gotten so big! Well, when I mentioned that he's now 5 months old, one of the RNs said, "So, you're not coming back to work at all, are you?" I replied that, no, I wasn't. I was staying at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vik Vaseline is petroleum derived and baby powder is talc which is also toxic and has been linked to ovarian cancer. There are a lot of more naturally based ointments. We use California Baby Calendula lotion. Diaper rash is not as bad with cloth (normally). The more acidic the poop is the higher chance of diaper rash. Also, change regularly and clean little one's butt with water only (if you must use wipes be sure they're...
Sometimes you just have to deal with rude people. It stinks, but not every one of them is weeded out of every agency. You just got "lucky" I guess. The rude lady asking about the gates and being accusatory reminds me of when I had to call 911 for my boss at an old job. The lady on the other end of the line wasn't going to send an ambulance until I gave her my boss's RACE. Come on. That has nothing to do with whether or not the woman had to go to the...
I just tell them the same thing my dad always told people about my sister and me. "He's not spoiled. He smelled that way when he came home from the hospital."
LOL I don't have any big stories yet with DS, though I know the day is coming! He filled his diaper earlier, and no matter how I moved his legs, the stuff kept spreading up the legs. I went to hold both legs in one hand and slipped when I put my fingers in some that had migrated to his calf. I grabbed the foot I had lost quickly, which then got away again and went directly into the middle of the diaper. Okay, trying to get everything wiped up again and keep his feet...
That being a mom would make me so comfortable playing in poop? (This is said after having to wash off DS's SOCKS in the toilet...)