or Connect

Posts by caitryn

It will completely depend on your experience, as a pp also said. For me, I tore naturally, but I had a little problem with the healing, so I wasn't exactly healed until 15 weeks pp. This, of course, meant that I needed more help than I had thought I would, but there was no one to offer it! (Oh, how I wanted my mommy! Alas, she was in another state and couldn't afford to get to me.) The first three weeks were the absolute worst. I would just sit and cry because I...
I don't know how "holistic" you would consider it, but you can mix baby powder with vaseline to create diaper rash cream. Also, alot of people have success with just putting cornstarch in the diaper.
Well, I guess there's a reason that SIDS used to be referred to as "crib death." (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.) Still, I would be careful at some of the phrasing. Some people have gotten upset at the intent of saying not all "SIDS" cases were really SIDS. Some of these responses also imply that FF or sleeping in a crib is practically a death sentence. I was a preemie, slept in a crib (when my mom wasn't having to sit up all night holding me because of my sinus...
When my son was born 6 weeks early, he slept on his back at first. After about 3 or 4 days, he began rolling onto his side to sleep. I could not make him sleep on his back. He was sleeping EXACTLY like his dad. Of course, once he got some fat on him, it wasn't as easy for him to roll, so he's now a permanent back sleeper. He didn't like being on his tummy at all until he could lift his head up really well, and then he didn't tolerate it much after that until he finally...
DTaP seems to be everyone's pet vaccine at the moment. Say that you want just the DT because of previous experience with the P, and they'll tell you that it's the P that you really need! Don't tell me that the 32 minute convulsion *I* had was a typical febrile convulsion. They don't normally last that long. My little sister had a similar reaction. And yet the doctors say that vaccine reactions are not hereditary... With the DTaP, the CDC said they were...
This thread scares me more than you can possibly know. My little sister and I BOTH had severe reactions to DTP when we were infants. I have been told over and over that it's not the same vaccine as the DTaP, but then how come the CDC says that those who had reactions to the original should never get the new version? That just tells me that they aren't certain they actually removed the allergens. My sister and I also had just the DT to replace the DTP, and we were...
http://www.clicknwork.com/index.asp I have yet to find anything about the above site that's bad. I'm thinking about trying them out, too.
Since your husband is already a banker, is it possible that he could sit down with you and explain the different business accounts available? Also, for a business, I would look into getting a program like Quickbooks to help keep track of your finances. Maybe you could get him or a friend to help you get accustomed to the software as well.
IMO, a SAHM is not a new thing. Historically from everything I have personally read, women have been the ones in charge of taking care of their children. Only those wealthy enough to do so would leave the kids to a nanny or whatever. That did not mean, though, that the mothers didn't work. My mom grew up on a farm, and EVERYONE (even the kids, depending on age) would work in the fields or help around the house. My mom told me of her mom making her a little tiny sack...
Quote: Originally Posted by NicaG Do you think some of this is red state/blue state? No, actually. Missouri flops back and forth from what I can tell (as it has since it became a state if the history books are telling the truth). Mississippi is most definitely a red state. New York is most definitely blue. This is one of the few times where I don't think it has nearly as much to do with political stance as other things. My mom, for...