or Connect

Posts by caitryn

Yes, crying is good for the lungs... just as much as the empty belly that caused them to start crying, right? I mean, one of the main reasons they cry is because of hunger. Go fig. Of course, a little crying is not going to hurt the child. I had to learn this because I was so afraid of letting DS CIO that I would jump every time he made a whimper. If for whatever reason I had to let him cry, I would beat myself up over it and start crying, too, because obviously I...
I didn't have to deal too much with the "You won't know until you have kids..." other than one... lady... who would constantly use her kids to get out of having to work. (She was normally found at bars when she had said she was taking her kid to a doctor or something.) "You'll understand when you have kids" was actually her way of saying she was better than me because, at the time, I didn't think I COULD have children. She was, at one point, saying that I would...
We are back from the testing. It was like a CT scan with the barium and all. He was very good, and they even gave him a toy for his trouble. :P (DH is more fascinated by the toy than DS is...) It was a rough night. Naturally, a few minutes after 2am he started screaming to be fed even though I had already fed him throughout the first hour. The swing kept him quiet for a few minutes. When that stopped working, I tried a pacifier, which he's never taken before, and...
Thanks! I was really worried about what this test would be. Someone (not a doctor) had told DH and me that they would run a scope down DS's throat. That sounds way too harsh and almost impossible to do with a squirming, screaming infant anyway. I like the idea of a bottle and x-ray alot better.
DS has an appointment for an Upper GI at 8:30am Friday morning. That means that after 2am tonight, he cannot have anything to eat or drink. The hospital even specifically mentioned water. I have been feeding on demand since he was born. 6.5 hours with no food when I cannot guarantee he'll just sleep through the whole time is going to make me go nuts and it can't be good for him. When he cries, whether it be for food or comfort nursing, I want to give in, but this...
This is a decision we are going to be faced with. At the moment, my husband and I are pretty set on homeschooling, but we also acknowledge that things could change. (DS is only a week away from being 5 months old.) We figure we have time to come to a final decision. Still, my son was born on August 18. That is the day classes opened up again for most the area schools. Being from Mississippi, one of my first thoughts was that not only would he be getting a new...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee Another thing - I'm not going to trust that tag, depending on where I see it, anyway. Is anyone really going to trust that a tag saying something has been tested means it actually has and that it absolutely couldn't have lead in it? If I buy something from a WAHM, particularly associated with a place like MDC, I'm going to have a higher level of trust that there is no lead than I would have in a tagged item from...
Out to curiosity, do you think it would affect ALL crafts? My mom was making homemade soaps. Kids need to be clean, too. Would she have to have testing done to prove that the lye didn't contain lead?
I was just coming on here to see if anyone had mentioned this yet. I just found out about it tonight when my dad sent me this link: http://www.duckduckgooseconsignment.com/CPSIAlaw.html It also contains the link to the .pdf for the 62-page law: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsia.pdf This was introduced in January 2008, passed in August 2008, and will go into effect February 10, 2009. It even throws in ATV's and pools/spas at the end of the document. I believe I also saw...
Thanks! I have heard that from several people now, so I'm not as worried about that anymore, at least. All of this tax stuff can get confusing, even with help. I've never had problems with it before, but since this is the first time when I'm really counting on the return, I may be starting to over think it.