or Connect

Posts by boston

Quote: Originally Posted by mamakay Just an FYI...the rate of adverse reactions (weirdo arthritis syndromes) to the Rubella vax are highest in girls who are going through puberty or have already gone through it, so if I had a girl and I was wanting her immune before pregnancy, I'd probably want to get the vax before puberty for that reason. JMO. Thank you for this information. I hadn't heard that before...
Quote: Originally Posted by skellbelle My understanding is that pertussis is only a big concern in an infant - when they're too young to get the vax anyway. And there are outbreaks amongst vaxed kids in schools just about every year. I think it's still a concern with older kids and some adults. Side note: we have a family member with type 1 Diabetes and I really want to avoid infecting him with Pertussis if we can help it....
I have just one. A 5 year old.
Quote: Originally Posted by LongIsland Are you looking to get the CDC recommended number of doses or the number of doses required for school entry in your state? Niether. She won't be fully vaccinated so it doesn't matter if she has what the school wants her to have. I'm doing a philosophical exemption. And I don't particularly trust the CDC so what they recommend isn't my main concern. I just want to know what it takes to make the shot work...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamakay What are your reasons for wanting to start vaxing? I would like some "protection" against Pertussis. It's the only disease that there's a vaccine for that actually worries me. My kid is about to enter a large public school next year. Quote: Originally Posted by mamakay 1) I think I want to do Rubella, just because I would never forgive myself if my son caught it and gave it to a pregnant...
Thanks. I have this article. I'm looking for slightly more specific information about starting at or around age 5. Has anyone done this and care to share about it?
I have no idea how to do this. She's only had one tetanus shot, once. (I think it also contained diptheria.) I'm interested in the Dtap (or Tdap, whatever it is now.) How many doses would a 5 year old need, in order to be vaccinated?
Please take some time to find out about Hasan Shakur, aka Derrick Frazier, today. This is one of the more contraversial capital punishment cases happening right now so you ought to know about it. Shakur is an obvious victim of a racist system. The details of this are noted on his website: www.hasanshakur.com I am a firm opponent of the death penalty in any situation, no matter what a person has done. I do not believe that the answer to violence is yet more violence....
What always happens with these threads is, someone posts this intelligent, thoughtful question to the community and in response, she is responded by a few grateful moms. Moms who made the RIGHT choice (for them!) not to nurse (for a myriad of valid reasons) but they've felt persecuted here by the judgemental ones amongst us. Then, the community flips out. I think the problem is, AP attracts, along with reasonable, caring people, also those whom are hell-bent on...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies Sorry if I offended. She said she already lets him stay with his father, so, I assume she trusts him. Why should she put her school/job in jeopardy because of him? If she's always taking her dc back everytime the father doesn't want to deal, what is that saying to the child? No, no offense taken! But I have to ask you, what do you suggest she do instead? I'm thinking about my own situation trying...