or Connect

Posts by boston

I think you should write to him. Make it about him and not about your feelings of guilt. Just write to him and make him know he has a place in your heart. He's probably old enough to hear that you were in a tight spot back then and that he changed your entire life. I think he should have the chance to meet his sister.
I've done it in a hospital room when my newborn was hospitalized for 5 days. You'd think that would be considered "private" but it was a shared room and the other family was this huge, extended group of people who were constantly going past our side to use the bathroom. Add the 20 or so doctor(lings) and nurses who would come in and out all day long every single day and night, and it was like I was pumping on stage. I didn't even care who saw me. I was so exhausted. Now...
I really don't see where ignorance comes into play here. I think she was unbelievably rude and unprofessional, however. It's none of her business how long you nurse your child! And it isn't her place to give you advice! It's especially inappropriate that she ridiculed you. I'd have been angry too. On the other hand, the fact that she isn't into nursing past age 2, well, that's not ignorance but a difference in opinion. I think most people agree that it's best to nurse up...
I know how it feels, mama. I was shocked and heartbroken when the same thing happend to me. You'll heal from this and move on. Don't worry. Your girls will be safe and secure. You can teach them to have healthy relationships. Just take it easy on yourself and know that you'll make it.
I recently had some terrible college brats move in upstairs from me. They had a rager once and I threatened to call the cops. Their right to party ends where my right to sleep begins. Having company over is one thing, but being loud after TEN is not acceptable in my book. As I explained to my upstairs neighbors, I don't get weekends "off." I'm still a mom, and I'm still working. There's no sleeping in till noon for me. And if you interfere with my sleep, or my child's...
If oprah had given that stuff to a real poor family who never had the credit to max out in the first place, perhaps some good would've come out of it. I have no sympathy for some dumbasses who got themselves 150K in debt and don't have a pot to cook some Ramen in at the end of the day. they can sell their house and start over. too bad for them. I could really use some pots and pans and stuff, you know? I have a very limited income and I don't have debt. I'm just...
I had a PIS. What a POS. I rented a medela (or whatever) hospital pump from a hospital. I loved it. As much as one can love a breast pump when one is pumping exclusively.
Quote: Originally Posted by SuccessTogether If you can see why parents wouldn't want to be involved, maybe you can share that opinion and I could practice by trying to persuade you. Thanks I think it is odd to have parents hanging out at the high school. I would feel very invaded as a student under those conditions, whether they were my parents or not. School is not an extension of home. It's school. Academics. There's a time and a...
Quote: Originally Posted by gratefulmum And what do I do with the dog? She is a part of our family and we love her, but she bit our baby. How can we be sure that it won't happen again. Would you get rid of your family pet if this happened???? get rid of the dog. I'm sorry. but get rid of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 ...but then my hubby and I are still married.