or Connect

Posts by boston

Quote: Originally Posted by Unagidon Here are two cases. Case 1: The President of the United States invades a country in order to topple a murderous dictator, in part because he is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of his own people. In the course of the invasion and its aftermath, tens of thousands more people are killed. Right. If it were a situation where 99 were killed to save 100, then there MIGHT be some logic, but not...
So, how long have you been split from your child's father (if ever together in the first place)? I moved out with dd when she was 10 months old. That was almost 4 years ago. Is he okay with you dating? Yes. How soon after parting ways did you start dating? After a little less than a year, I started looking. I dated one person on and off for 10 months. Then I decided to stop dating indefinitely. A bit more than a year later, I was discovered by someone else and...
I get that he sucks, but I don't see how this affects your children adversely. So I don't think you have a case for full custody. Sorry that he didn't have the decency to tell you. :-(
Oh, who cares what some person said. Really. If there's anyone out there who honestly believes that only "poor hicks" have homebirths, then they are not only ignorant, but also classist. What's wrong with poor "hicks?" Nothing. What people find upsetting is their own proximity to the bottom rung on the socio-economic ladder. And the belief that hospital birth = advanced, well, that's a pretty wide-held belief. I understand people want their "alternative"...
I didn't even know the pharmaceutical corps had made a vaccine for pneumonia until I read this thread. that strikes me as odd. I thought pneumonia was something that develops over time, after another illness like bronchitis. I didn't know it was a bacteria in itself. I've had it once and my daughter also got it (she was just over 4 at the time.) We both survived. I haven't vaccinated my daughter and I do not vaccinate myself. I'm "okay" with getting a vaccine...
My dd was 3.5 when she got her booster. She is tall for her age. She was too tall for the car seat I had, and too heavy for the internal restraint in the transitional booster I bought. (She was just over 40). She's been in a Britax booster ever since, and it's been fantastic. It fits well in my car. It's comfy. And she is definitely mature enough to ride in it. She was from day one...she knows how to sit properly in her seat. I think the best way to go about it is to...
I think the best way to raise a strong child is to be a strong role model for that child. I am a strong single mom. My daughter sees that and that influences her. I am not a hater. She sees me being respectful and accomodating for her father. She sees him respecting me. This is how we teach her healthy relationships. We model them.
Yes! She takes the jackets off and it is so annoying!! I saved maybe 20 of them somewhere and I really don't even know why, anymore. I have no idea where I stashed them and every time I'm cleaning and come across them (only to stash them elsewhere) they irritate me. I don't usually take them off books I'm reading.
I don't have much time. It takes an hour to get makeup on and dressed for me, on a usual day. I have long straight hair, which helps, as it's quite easy to "style." I am late a few times a month because I'll suddenly realize it's been a week since I've plucked. And I'll stand there wasting time pulling my eyebrows out. Ug. I still get pedicures. I don't get manicures. I've never been very fond of fake nails. I get my hair trimmed now and then but for the most part, I...
In response to the original post, I think that some people who categorize themselves as "AP" are really psyched to finally be part of an exclusive group. There's a range, there, as to how "AP" you can be. I noticed this when I was a new mom. The moms who were able to buy and show off "AP" goods and who were able to conform to a strict Granijuian or Searsian model of what a parent looks like, those people were like queens in their AP circles. Then there's other moms on the...