or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by boston

Quote: Originally Posted by Spicey Momma Honestly I didn't know everyone here would be so cold about it. When it comes down to it, she is my duaghter, I love, and only want the best for her. I would never do anything that would really hurt her. I remember having my ears peirced, and it wasn't bad. I feel like everyone is looking down at me for doing this. DD is fine, and is hasn't cried or pulled at her ears once. She doesn't mind me cleaning them...
That is terrible. I would call CPS. If it's as bad as you say, there should be intervention. At the very least, they can get your sister some parenting classes.
Sorry Jster, your post confused me. Sorry if I seemed dismissive. I'm not at all dismissive. I just didn't think you sounded happy. I thought you sounded like you were really upset about it. I just didn't know how to say that and it seemed out of line to start picking you apart so I said "whatever you say." If you are happy then I am really happy for you. It was confusing because there seemed to be a lot of tension in your post. Peace, K
Quote: Originally Posted by Jster It's okay if you don't believe me...but don't try to hijack my thread with your insistence that I'm misguided. I'm not saying I think it's a good idea for him to get married, but I feel total peace with it and it helps explain a lot. That peace is amazing, perhaps if you get to the point where you feel it, you'll understand? But please don't read into my experience something that isn't there, I'm not bothered at...
I'm a divorced mom of 1, and have been for 4 years. My ex and I broke up when dd was 10 months old. Prior to that, I was in a bad marriage and even though my ex was lacking in some of the categories outlined here, I wasn't a single mom till I lived alone, till I was the only one around responsible for the kid, for real. When my bf moves in with me in May, I won't be a single mom anymore because he'll be here, taking care of us.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jster There's nothing to be sorry about, I'm really and truly happy about this whatever you say.
Quote: Originally Posted by green Does that help? Not really.. but it's probably just a language barrier. If it's true that men tend to remarry in the year post-divorce, I wonder if that's because men cheat. No offense to men or anything. But that would be an explanation. And if what you're saying is more women initiate divorce, then that would also make sense if women get disgusted with the cheating and file for divorce. Hmm. Perhaps...
Quote: Originally Posted by green You know - it is statistically appropriate for the man to remarry within one year of a divorce OT- What does "statistically appropriate" mean? & where does this data come from? Just curious. I've never heard of that before.
Sorry about your ex.. sounds like a tough situation for you right now. I hope your heart heals and you find peace with this.
I don't think it's bad to give treats. But it's not cool to do it when the parent said no. There could be a number of non-pedofile explanations for his inappropriate behavior. Who knows. Like the OP, I would not give them the candy (to teach them that it's not cool to take candy from strangers, especially the type of strangers who don't follow Mom's rules) And like the OP did, I'd explain why. Then later, after they were all in bed, I'd have the candy while...
New Posts  All Forums: