or Connect

Posts by EdlynsMom

There is a nutritional supplement out there called FortiFlora, its made by Purina (I know...), but is basically a powdered probiotic that can be sprinkled on food. My clinic usually recommends it when kitties go on antibiotics... As far as why he's having urinary issues - its just something that tends to happen as they get older, especially the male cats. It seems like youve run bloodwork on him, but has he had a urinalysis done? This would look for crystals or stones...
Shes traveled a bit in the US and Mexico, been in daycares and is now in pre-k. Going to be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Her dad and I agreed that "at some point" we would be interested in starting some form of a vaccine schedule, but the time to start just kept moving up. Now that "real" school is looming, Im thinking more about what to do. We live in central Houston, a very large, busy, populated city. Im thinking about HepB, HiB, MMR, DTaP, Prevnar. Would prefer...
Easiest solution is to take a stool sample (fresh as possible) to your vet and ask for a fecal panel to be run. Be sure to describe/ take in what you found on your floor. If its been awhile since you took your kitties in, they might rather see the actual patient than just his poop sample. Since you have multiple cats, try to get a sample from each, but honestly if one has something, the rest probably do too. Did it look like spagetti? Might be a roundworm. Rice? Maybe...
He didnt have any other mouth issues, no forls. His overall dental state was about what youd expect from an 8 yr old kibble fed cat; not horrendous but not great. We think the abcess resulted from some over-exuberant mouth play from our shepherd. I will take a better look at his record tomorrow and see if his dr has any other thoughts though; its been a crazy week. Hes going in on Friday for a physical recheck, a blood draw to re-eval labs and maybe a urinary cysto. This...
*bump*. Do all the kidney kitties eat the big name brands? (other than raw of course)
Creatnine and BUN were quite high, i dont have numbers in front of me though. However, we all are in agreement that things may/probably are out out of whack due to his abcess and his resulting dehydration/innapetancy (did i make up this word?). He did great for his surgery, feeling so much better already. The plan is SQ fluids for a week, then reeval labs. The vets I work with feel that we may be pleasantly surprised by results, but that he most likely will show some kind...
I figured Id come to the gurus first - my 9 yr old kitty is most likely in stage 4 renal failure, could be actually less severe, "pretending" to be worse due to the tooth abcess that appeared 2 days ago (hes going under for repairs tomorrow). This sort of popped up on us. As far as I can tell, dietary management will be necessary. Does anyone have any non-Hills diets they recommend for renal kitties? (Im looking for limited salt, phosphorus, enhances Omega3...
I agree, you need a different line of attack as well as looking at your dogs environment differently. Im really surprised hat your vet hasnt offered panacur - what all have you tried already??? Also, as far as finances go, some of the mulit-care heartworm preventatives will give you a refund if you and your vet prove that your dog ahs been on the preventatie and still got the hooks/rounds or whatever. I know Heartguard pLus does this, dont know about interceptor.
Yeesh. Nice. Im printing this out to post at the clinic! Thanks Joanna! (How do you have your thumb on all this stuff, by the way? Id love to shadow you around some day, youre either very well connected or very busy! )
An undercoat rake looks like a tiny, stiff pronged rake. They pull out the undercoat and very litte top coat. http://www.petco.com/product/10257/J...coat-Rake.aspx A furminator, as a pp said, is basically a clipper blade (#40? the kind that go on an electric clipper) on a handle. http://www.petco.com/product/101897/...ding-Tool.aspx Have you ever tried an undercoat rake? See if you can buy or borrow one, before you go to the furminator. LIke I said, with my dog, the...