or Connect

Posts by Stayathomemommy

40+2 today.  The bummer about always going over by a week or more is that my husband thinks i am crazy if i "feel" like i am going to have a  baby soon, (which i probably am)  And he isnt worried about missing anything so he went to a work thing 3 hours away......for the whole day!  I know i am not going to have the baby right now but i just like knowing he is close by working instead of at the min. 3 hours away.  I am still huge and uncomfortable and am pregnant a lot...
a few of my children have experienced nightmares and night terrors but my almost 8 year old still hasnt stopped and lately its been worse.  (could be brought on by new baby coming and a cranky mom?)  reading about it gives little as to what you can do during an episode, wondering if anyone else dealt with this from ages 3-12 years old?   Night terrors are different from a nightmare.  the children are not awake, online they say they dont even know parents are there...
I want my midwife to be A} relaxed and comfortable knowing that everything is going well and B} not present very much.  so i feel the doppler will allow her to be in and out and also not worried, thus more comfortable to stay out of the way.  for me the doppler is just fine
i absoulutely love Hypnobirthing last time.  it was my 5th and was practically painless.  i just remember being a little upset that it took me that long to find this wonderful tool.  i am really looking forward to birthing because of my last experience yet i havent really done much with the CD's or the book and i never went back to an instructor, i wonder if my body will still know what to do??  i really only did it in the last month of my last pregnancy so i am hoping ...
no baby here yet but just thinking about what i did when all my kiddos were little and i had a new baby or babies to deal with.  what saved my sanity was MOMS CLUB but you dont have to join a group or anything.  find a park where you can bundle up the kids, yourself and baby, let the big kids play, bring tons of snacks and park yourself in a comfy spot with a book and a nursing baby........this might not work for those who are still experiencing winter like weather. ...
oh man i wish i didnt know what you were all talking about BUT I SO DO!!  I am due tomorrow but that means little, never had a single baby before 41 weeks.  I feel good because nesting kicked in but its like hyper nesting meaning i just cant stop and relax.  I am so grumpy with everyone i wish they could just stop eating for a week so the house would stay clean, stop playing inside so the house would stay clean and toys organized, stop playing outside so clothes would...
At this point i'll take any day that is coming up soon!!  sometimes i'll think of a date that sound really good and think "who cares, i just want him to come now!"  my husband thinks i should wait till the 29th since its a leap year and I keep complaining that the baby is going to come out and just keep growing older, this way he would only get a birthday every 4 years!!  ahahhaa.  totally not waiting that long!!  due date is saturday so next week i hope something will...
oh and totally obsessing about what hat to have ready to put on the baby once he is born.  i have some hospital hats and i dont want him to look like he was born in the hospital......i made a couple hats so he looks nothing like a hospital born babe
haha, i was naked at the hospital but clothed at home too.  so funny!!   its not a silly question i have been obsessing about what shirt i will wear in the tub.  last home/waterbirth i just had my favorite PJ top on, you couldnt tell what was under the water in pictures.  after my first i was so tired of censoring all the new baby pictures because my big nipples where right there for the world to see when i just wanted to show off my baby!  plus in the water it helps...
we just have a shower curtin, i usually have a couple and throw them down on the floor and bed and cover with sheets or towels.  i like to birth in the tub and not leave the bathroom till i've delivered placenta.  at that point i just throw down a chux pad to lay under me on the bed so in the end didnt need any of the protection.  always good to have though.  first homebirth was unassisted so clean up was 5 minutes.  husband balled everything up and threw it away.  this...