or Connect

Posts by Stayathomemommy

My thought with RRL tea and other things making you go into labor too soon is that i dont think anything will make a baby that is not ready to come out do so just by drinking tea or having sex.    i also dont think RRL would ever make a labor harder, but my attitude was whats it going to hurt, and first time using it had a good labor, second time i took the tea my labor was amazing and painless,  I attribute it to helping me be very very RIPE.   this time i didnt...
my dog, though i love her, creates for stress for me.  nothing she does so much i just in general would not want her around while laboring, we will just put her in her kennel when things get serious.  sometimes she barks at the front door and that would totally bother me!
Last birth was a UC, for that one i would have loved a midwife but in Arizona it was illegal for a lay midwife to attend a VBAC.  so we didnt have a choice, we did all prenatal care with a CNM and in the end just called her to let her know we had had the baby at home.  It wasnt all that nice but in our situation we couldnt really tell her our plans to stay at home or she might not have given us prenatal care AND our plan B was to call her and go into the hospital so we...
Can't wait to take a picture of our new little guy in the overalls and hat!!
My first labor was by the book, started in with contractions, got bloody show, started having super loose bowel movements and the whole time i was so excited!!!!  fast foward to 5th pregnancy and i have had BH practically the whole pregnancy, mucus all the time,  i've tended to be very effaced and dialated without labor starting and having midwives freakout on me so i wont even have an internal check because i am probably wide open but still wont have the baby for a...
we just paid the midwife at 36 weeks for the discounted rate of $2,200.  if we waited any longer we would have had to pay full price of $2800.  we actually borrowed money from my folks to pay early because i didnt want to pay full price.  It covers prenatal, birth, postpardom/baby check i think up till 6 weeks.  Does not cover labs, ultrasounds.  i went to very few prenatals but really enjoyed them when i did,  she came to the house once for a visit and i think will do...
 our last birth was unassisted so we just took baby at 8 days old to a pediatrician, they were good because she odviously was fine so what good was it to tell me "i should have done" this or that. i acutally enjoyed it?  plus we were leaving so he didnt even try to talk about what he would like us to do in the future as far as vaxing or visits.  i am sure he was grateful we werent looking for a permanent doc!!!   this time we will have a homebirth midwife so she will...
I would not invite them to eat my food!!  ahahhahaa    i've thought of letting people know that we would be open to visitors after a week or two, mostly for my in laws benefit since they stay at our home and bring two big dogs and my mother is already going to be there for two weeks so there isnt room.   in the end just hoping they will figure it out............yes i know this is a very bad assumption.  
I would say if you dont want to load everyone then just dont do school or activities for a week or two........but i would think it would feel good to get out, its not like you have to change out of sweats if you are just picking up or dropping off.  and the two hours to have just baby or just baby and toddler without big sibling would be worth the quick trip out.  plus get baby used to quick little trips would hopefully create a baby that likes his carseat and doesnt...
Aubrey is my number one favorite name!!!  you have to go with what you love.  we picked names that were unpopular and then a year later everyone was naming their kids the same name.........you cant win.