or Connect

Posts by Stayathomemommy

i called the ped and asked when i should come in "if" i didnt make it to the hospital in time. they said with in the first week. i will go just to cover my bases and if i ever did need her seen i dont want that to be my first appiontment
nesting??? whats that, i think i remember having that a couple days a week or so ago but it was fleeting. i am so bummed. forget organizing i just need to tackle laundry and dishes. i am pooped out! maybe that means i still have a while?? but it sure feels like my body is ready!
i know how you feel, i just decided i wanted to UC at 38 weeks! Suddenly i went from having a list of to dos a couple of pages long to 100 little to do lists. i would say make a really good detailed list and take a day and try and get everything done. it will make you feel so much better.
i didnt want the test, tried to fight it, but my midwife would have dropped me. this being my 4th pregnancy i didnt fear having it and took lots of garlic and probiotics before hand. i tested positive! I just wanted to cry, it has turned my world upside down. i know that sounds silly since the chances that i have GBS now weeks later is so tiny but this town, the midwives, the hospital, the pediatricians all make it out to be a big deal and its hard finding support...
oh believe me if there was a lay midwife in town i would have her at the birth!! there are none, we dont even have a doula, and i am one of the crunchiest people in town and know every other crunchy momma here.
i am doing lots to treat the GBS. tons of garlic, probiotics and hibaclens (sp?). This is what many lay midwives use to successfully treat and eliminate GBS. I am also going to demand a retest on my 39 week appointment to see if what i have done so far has helped. if i come up negative then i will have no reservations about a UC and i wont be lying when i go to the ped for a well baby visit and say that NO i am not GBS+ unfortunately she may remember me calling a...
I was such a strong pusher my first time and there was no way i was pausing, i wanted that baby OUT! and i tore. I think if i had taken my time, relaxed in between contractions i would have allowed things to streach a bit more. but even if i had known that before hand i wouldnt have cared. i pushed even when i didnt have a contraction, i wanted to see her! position might effect it, dont know? but with my last i squatted and didnt tear? wonder if that has anything to...
A vote for Arden, never heard it before and since you like Audrey but have issues it seams like a compromise. Love Audra, its always on our top name list but just doesnt ever make it to the finals. maybe a future baby?
the 39 week card isnt working for me so i am hoping either the 40 week trump card will work or the, i have to nurse a newborn and recover from birth Card will work. the past two mornings he has layed in bed waiting to see if i would get up to let the dogs out and get the toddler. ARGH> i want to say, are you kidding me i am pregnant but maybe that doesnt mean much when its the 5th baby and he knows how much i hate when people tell me i can't lift stuff, or jog, or...
thanks for all the stories. I hate to think i wouldnt stay home just because of what "might" happen afterwards. But thinking of those hassles always scares me off. last time i seriously didnt stay at home because i thought getting a birth certificate would be a hassle. found out later it wouldnt have been. for me staying at home means i dont have to deal with all the crap and if i have to deal with more crap its almost not worth it to me. i know thats kind of silly. ...