or Connect

Posts by mommy2abigail

nak-we are home schooling, so we never saw a need for school prep by way of preschool.
Two, Abby 4.5 and Ella 1.5. My hands are FULL with my two monkeys, but I do want more children. I really love big families, and would love 7 or more children, but dh isn't on board (yet!!! still working on him!) so I may have to settle for 3, maybe 4. I would love to foster and adopt in my life time, as well as have a bunch more home births...Ella's HB was incredible and the very next day I wanted to do it again.
We are in FL too! Orlando...so if you are ever in the area, look us up! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your family, that really sucks. I can't tell you what to do to make it better...I would just try to ignore it as best you can. You ARE doing the best for her right now, and she IS excelling a ton with her mama!
Abby was tv free until 2, then when I got pregnant, she watched 30-60 minutes per day. This went on until about 3 months ago (she is 4.5 now) and we started a Church Day Movie thing. So, right now, she only watches a movie once a week. I just had to DO it. Turn the thing off, and entertain her during dd2's nap time instead of putting a movie on. It was hard at first, but lo and behold, she started playing on her own MUCH more often!! Most Sundays she forgets about the...
DD1-coslept until 3.5 and then to her own bed. DD2-coslept for 11 months then to her own bed. DD2 was just a million times easier at night...
Hey, you're eclectic!! No, seriously, we go through phases too. And I don't have 5 kids to home school (yet!) I think it's a natural process of being in tune to your children and your changing needs and where everyone is in their 'path' at the moment. Sometimes we are very scheduled and structured, sometimes we don't know what we are doing at all for the week, or even for the next hour! We alternate between CM- loving the notebooking, literature and short lessons and...
Thanks for the links!
:
Definitely look through them first. We've found that with most workbooks, they are way easier than what a typical _ grader would be doing. I don't know why? For example, my 4 year old did K work in her little workbooks until now, at 4.5. We just bought the 1st grade ones and she is working through it just fine. I would say that she is smart, but not unusually so. My friend just called and we were talking about it, and she got the spelling book for her 1st grader, and it...
DD is 4.5, and we are doing K work. We have a mish mash of ideas/learning styles/curriculums, because I am trying to expose her to a lot and see what works best for her. Mon.-Wed. are dh's days off, so we try to use one of those days as a family day....otherwise Mon.-Mommy gets a few hours alone and daddy keeps kids. I might leave some workbooks for dd to do. Tues.- We do a Montessori inspired coop, from 9-12. Eventually I will be teaching the history portion,...