or Connect

Posts by mommy2abigail

Would you be willing to try a time in? Maybe not separated from the rest of the family, but a quiet space in the living room? And present it as a calming down place, like have books and paper and crayons or what not? I know it seems like rewarding the bad behavior, but someone pointed out to me that you are trying to help them develop the inner controls to calm themselves down. Giving them concrete things to do and showing them HOW to calm themselves down will help them be...
We don't have a 'school space' but we do have a supply place. We converted the garage into a play room, with AC since we are in FL. I have a huge metal shelf in there with games, puzzles, and materials organized by subject. I also have a bookshelf in there for 'teacher books' basically idea books for the elementary grade (science experiments, math file folder games, ect.) and three 5-drawer tupperware bins for art/craft supplies, manipulatives, ect. We also have a HUGE...
to answer your ?, we started reading MTH books aloud to dd at age 3. She liked that there were pictures on every page, and while they aren't what you would call quality 'literature' I felt that they opened a lot of doors for further learning. We read the first 6 books in about a month. I would read 3-4 chapters at bedtime, and it would take just a few days to finish the book. She learned about Egypt, mummies, castles, knights, and a ton of other things just snuggling and...
We belong here as well! I have found WAY too much good stuff in many styles to stick to just one, so we pick and choose the best of all of them! CM-short lessons, quality literature, somewhat delayed, nature study Classical-knowing that kids are little sponges, 4 year history cycle, Latin roots Unschooling-nurture their love of learning interesting (to them!) things, let them set the pace, learning happens all the time, not just at 'school time' Workbox-helps me...
I don't think a curriculum is really needed for the preschool level, but if you really want one, what about FIAR? You could buy just the teachers manual part ($25 new or about $15 used) and get the books from the library. Other than that, just read fun books, do fun things, and go fun places! HTH!
nak- I'm happy to HAVE tp in the bathroom, so my standards are low.
Wow. You are so beautiful!!! Honestly, you could shave your head bald and you'd look hot.
We bought this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20102451 It was very inexpensive and I like that it's small. Right now, only our 4 year old sleeps in it, but soon we will be moving to a smaller space and will put the 18 month old in with her. It will be up to them to either sleep together down on the bottom or the 4 year old could go up top if she wants. My sister and I used to sneak into each others rooms all the time to have a 'sleep over' growing up, so I can...
I've been waiting on some more reviews as well. DH gave me the go-ahead to get this if I like it, but I haven't been able to read any reviews on it!!!