or Connect

Posts by mommy2abigail

Oh yes, I was definitely referring to the 3 year old!! I like the 'whine zone' idea, except she would probably want me in there with her, which means I still have to listen to it... And much of the time, the whining takes place in the car, when we are out, or what ever. I've told her that when she whines, it makes me frustrated and I don't feel like playing/taking a walk/going to the park any more. I don't know if that is effective/mean or whatever, but it hasn't...
You must have my first dd re-incarnated!!! Seriously, she never napped for longer than 20 minutes until about 18 months, and even then it was not a regular thing. And she didn't sleep for longer than 3 hours, EVER, until 2 years old. She wasn't fussy, and she was growing and developing great (ahead actually on alot of things) so while it was driving ME crazy, I don't see anything unhealthy about it. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but for us, NOTHING helped. I...
We dont do much at all. I have a few cabinet locks left over from when I had my home daycare, but thats it. We dont have stairs, so that's not an issue. We did install a high lock on the front door, because dd1 likes to open it when she hears someone knock, and at 2 ,doesn't realize the danger in that. We dont use chemicals (we use vinegar/essential oils to clean) in the house, so that's not an issue either. The garage is the only place I would somewhat worry, but the...
Ok, I know this is to be expected, I just had a baby 6 weeks ago, so dd1 is going through a hard time, but seriously, the whining and crying is driving me CRAZY!!! I try to be empathetic with her, giving words to her feelings, ect. But just when we get past one upset, something else happens to make her cry/whine/flip out. I'm going a bit nutty here! So mama's who have btdt, HOW did you deal??? What was effective, what helped the most, how did you maintain your...
Yeah, it does kinda sound like CIO to me....I don't know for sure, but it seems fishy that it happens in only 3 days, you know?
We have both, and while *I* like the wooden sets more, my dd doesn't have much of a preference. We have the house/car set and the Fairy tree house set. They are really cute and well made. Melissa and Doug brand makes cute things as well, you may want to check those out too. And we always buy the Ryans Room/Melissa and Doug toys at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/or HomeGoods, because they are much less expensive there. HTH!
Ah yes, the crying....it's making me nutty. And it wouldn't be so bad except every time my newborn cried my toddler does too. She really can't handle the crying very well. She covers her ears and shakes and then finds something she is 'sad' about. The car is the worst. Neither of them like the car, but carseats are a necessary evil, so I have to drive with both crying/fussing. Plus we all got sick with a cold 2 weeks ago, and we are JUST NOW getting over it. For a...
Oh trust me, I am GRATEFUL!!! Really, after dd1 I had no idea THIS is what babies are normally like. Now I see why mothers recover from the sleep deprivation after just a few months instead of 3 years like me!
My first was a mess, never sleeping for more than 20 minutes at a time. DD2 is much easier, and I am lost. She sleeps A LOT!!! Like, she will tolerate being awake for 20-30 minutes and then wants to sleep, or else she gets crazy. Sometimes she sleeps for 1-2 hours at a time, and sometimes just a short little catnap, but still, I feel like she is sleeping SO MUCH! And she NEVER nurses to sleep, just nurses to eat, pops off and wants to be walked to sleep. So my questions...
Oh yeah, my (almost!) 3 year old too!!! And I just had a baby, so it's been h*ll every time I need to sit to nurse her. I have had to close all the doors of the bedrooms/bathroom, and keep dd1 in the living room, play area and kitchen (all one big space) so I can keep my eye on her all the time. It's frustrating because I want to be able to send her to the bathroom alone if she needs to pee, but there is no way I can. I'm hoping it's just a phase that will pass quickly....