or Connect

Posts by anthasam

Thank you!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 There is a packaged egg replacer. I'm pretty sure it uses potatoes. We don't use it, so I know it's got some potential allergen in there. In baking, I use 1 Tbs. milled flax + 3 Tbs. water, microwaved on high for 1 minute. It turns sort of gelatinous. I use it in breads, cakes, brownies, muffins, etc. It also adds a little fiber and Omega 3s. If there's a possible reaction to seeds though, then there's always...
Awesome, thank you SOOO much!!! Muffins, here we come
Thanks for all the replies!! : We ended up at the supermarket last night and I saw an egg replacer that was potato, tapioca starch, leavening agent and a few ingredients with quite long names I've read that you can use applesauce to replace oil while baking, but I didn't know it could work for eggs. I'll have to try it. (Actually, apples tend to slow down DD1's digestive track, so we use pureed pears!) The flax and water sounds great -- we use ground flax seeds...
I think we've narrowed down DD2's sensitivity: eggs! I've reintroduced some dairy without issue (butter, some cheese), but when I try eggs, the spitting up and stinky/mucous/green poops return. So: what can I use as an egg replacement when cooking and baking? Are there any replacement suggestions that aren't potential allergens themselves? Thanks so much in advance. ETA: She's 6 months old and exclusively breastfed. So the egg sub would be for me
I'm in for August. Yesterday, I cleaned out the baking cabinet: 1 nasty pan in the trash bag of 6 assorted baking sheets/racks/etc in the donation pile Plus, I gave away 3 sweaters to my mom. So, 10 items so far. I'm setting my goal high for the month: 250 10/250 ETA: My goal is to sell some antiques and baby clothes this month as well as clean out seldom-used items.
Thanks for the ideas. If we did seal the logs, we would just seal the cut side and leave the bark sides alone. I'll do some research on the bioshield products and see what I find...
Quote: Originally Posted by yukookoo think ive already posted this. The pics are old. Actually Im ashamed to say that a while ago I was playing in our "dirt box" with DD and saw a few big bugs and spider and got scared haha She is really more into sand than dirt right now because she doesnt have the motor ability to move the dirt around so we want to build her a sandbox where the dirt box is soon. Anyway a tree was cut down a few months ago and i took...
Sadly, an approximately 60' tall oak tree came crashing down with a thunderstorm this weekend. We have a large yard, nothing was smooshed except an unruly wisteria that needed trimming anyway So, DH is going to cut the tree up and drag it back to the woods on our property. However, I thought some tree trunk sections would make cool stools and/or outdoor climbing items. DH thinks he can cut a long section for a balance beam as well. Here's my question: We live in...
I've been reading the book too, but we're still not sure if we're going to move or not, so I'm not committing to the full 8 weeks until we find out for sure. There are so many great ideas in this book!!! I'll be lurking on this thread and hopefully joining late