or Connect

Posts by anthasam

Where have I been? I just noticed this forum now Anyway, we are TV free and have been for several years now. It's me, DH, DD1 (3) and DD2 (8 weeks). We had a large entertainment center cabinet and a clunky TV taking up lots of space in our family room and no one used them! So, out they went and were replaced by a MUCH smaller, stereo type cabinet for our DVD player (for CD listening) and our receiver/speakers, etc. We watched about 2 hours of TV a week, and...
How do you clean it? Wet mop or vacuum?
I'm curious as well...
DD uses cake forks and teaspoons from our regular set of flatware. You could get those at thrift stores and yard sales.
Sofa usage (to answer a pp): We have a playroom/home office with no real seating and a family room with one big sofa. The family room is off the kitchen and is where guests hang out and where we sit together as a family. We don't have a TV, but we do lounge here to read. So, we're looking for comfy. The foamorder site has a neat page where they will quote you for all different shapes and sizes! Thanks for posting that page!! It looks like it will cost me about...
We do. I wrote up a review a while back -- I'll look for it...
Quote: Originally Posted by xekomaya You could look at the Lockport from Crate & Barrel, or the Mota by Viesso Furniture. I haven't seen these yet -- I'll have to check them out. I wonder if they are free of flame retardants. My guess is no I think my only flame-retardant free choice is a futon. From what I've read, I'll just need a doctor's note. I'll be back later with some findings, in case anyone else is interested
:
Great suggestions! Thank you The plan is this: throw them in the next wash (reds/pinks). If that doesn't work, try the bac-out (I think we still have some under the sink). Then they get the baking soda treatment. Sounds like spa day for the robeez
Our sofa is sagging terribly and I'm really not sure what to do next. Sadly, it's only 5 years old and I expected it to last much longer. I am trying to find a (relatively) inexpensive, safe, comfortable option. Here are the choices I thought about: Are there any chemical-free, solid wood, naturally-finished sofas that are reasonably priced? -or- Should I get a futon? Are they comfortable as a sofa? There are many good/safe options here. -or- Should...