or Connect

Posts by idaismyname

Hi we just recently got a wild oats natural grocery store in our area. The fliers they sent out look like they have very reasonable prices for an organic store. I wondered if anyone else has shopped at one. Are they pretty reasonable? I was hoping these weren't just prices for the first month or so to draw people in. Just wondering any info would help. I live about 25 minutes from it and I have 4 kids so I don't want to waste a trip out. Thanks
Hi When my second daughter was 8 months she had a uti. They did the cath. It was an aweful experience. They held her down it took forever. I wish we hadn't done it and had looked into other alternatives. I would request that they have her pee in a bag or cup. They did this with my third daughter. It was a little messy and more time consuming but less traumatic and invasive. Check out your options talk to your homeopath. I hope everything works out
This weekend I helped my 93 year old Grandma clean out her house. We looked through hundreds of old pictures as she told stories. It was so funny all the little wise old funny sayings she had. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. A day late and a dollar short. ...as honest as the day is long. I am off like an old dirty shirt. and my absolute favorite "well butter my butt and call me a biscuit" She would say that when she was...
Hi my friend had a doula who was in training. The doula had to get so many hours of actual doulaing (that can't be a word) to fulfill her training. I think my friend paid $100. She said she was wonderful. You might want to call a birthing center and find out if anyone would be available Hope it helps
Wow these are so helpful. I do remember some of these now. Also my library has some of the books suggested. My daughter can't wait to learn some! Thanks I feel like I'm in gradeschool reading some of these again. He he
Hi all I have a crazy question. Do you remember those fun games we used to play with a friend with rhymes at recess. I remember one called Miss Mary Mack. What are those called. Do you remember any. I have a second grader. She says they play them on the playground and she's shy and just watches because she can't figure them out. I thought if I could find some on the net and teach them to her at home she might be more willing to do them at recess. She really...
Yesterday I learned that there are over 4,000 types of ladybugs. WOOOHOOO! I don't know if that tidbit will ever get me anywhere in life. But it amused me. He he (it doesn't take much)
I have asked my kids what there favorite memories or activities that we do and most of them are free. My kids love to make up songs and write words to songs. There new thing is to create treasure hunts. This lasts for hours. They make beautiful maps and clues all over the house with little activities and things to do on each. All you need is paper and crayons. Recently we got a board game from a goodwill store for fifty sents and we created our own game I put a...
hi My children are mexican and american My oldest daughter was the darkest skin and has also actually been proud of it. She is very proud of her mexican heritage. She loves to tell people about it. Maybe you could educate him on his ethnicity (is that a word). Maybe a library video about Mexico or Germany some books, etc. I remember on one of the Mexican holidays my daughter brought in a book about it to her school and the teacher read. It made her proud that she...
When my oldest was 2 and i was nine months pregnant with my second daughter, my 2 year old went up one of those huge blow up slides that you bounce down. She got to the top and wouldn't bounce down or go back down the steps. This thing was huge and at a huge fair with lots of people. They stopped everything and I had to cart my 9 month big belly up and we had to bounce down. I was pretty sure this would put me into labor. Anyway when we got to the bottom this big...