or Connect

Posts by idaismyname

Each of my four children have a special song My oldest was you are my sunshine my second was too ra loo Irish lullaby my sons was edelweis (spelling?) my youngest is feelin groovy (simon/garfunkle) They love knowing that they each have a special song when they get older
When my husband cooks out on the grill my four year old will run around the house screaming yipee daddies cooking on the gorilla. Heheheh
I have a four an d a half year old that will occassionally color but doesn't seem to care for it. She still scribbles when she draws also instead of making pictures. I wouldn't worry about it. I have a seven year old that loved coloring at an early age. I think it' quite creative that she pretends to build with the crayons.
I have a five and seven year old girls They love getting those little cheap notepads with a cute picture on front they spend all day writing notes to each other, playing mail etc. fun and cheap
http://www.solterrabooks.com/ This is a site that sells gentle books. It has sooo many of my favorites It has age categories too hope this helps
That sounds like a great idea. I love to make up my own games and stuff with the kids. It would be a great resource to have some start off ideas. I think it would be interesting. Good luck
Hi, I just posted this on the learning at school page but I thought maybe Homeschooling moms would know an answer to my question also. I currently have a first grader in a wonderful school. However I love to teach her things also, so maybe I am a homeschooler! She is currently learning about the rhombus hexagon etc. However she isn't "getting it". I love to teach her things at home but sometimes run out of ideas to help her learn that are enjoyable. Do any of...
Hi, I currently have a first grader in a wonderful school. She is currently learning about the rhombus hexagon etc. However she isn't "getting it". I love to teach her things at home but sometimes run out of ideas to help her learn that are enjoyable. Do any of you know of any websites that are good for this. Homework sites of something of the sort. I tend to lean toward teaching more thru unschooling but any ideas or good sites would help thanks ida
http://www.solterrabooks.com/default...rce=bordermenu Hi I recently came across this beautiful site of gentle books for kids. I usually use Chinaberry. This site is similar. Just thought I'd share
Hi lurker here with a question. Hi first off I have 4 kids 7, 4, 22 months and 10 weeks. My oldest has always had very lovely tantrums and off course as she became older they decreased and lessened. Recently she'll have them though and just not stop. For example: She asks to go outside in the rain today ( has had a cold for a week). I tell her that she can go out when it stops raining and we can play inside till then. She explodes and continually will say I'm ...